Jack Creek Wildfire above Peachland

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Jack Creek Wildfire above Peachland

Post by Queen K »

I surely do hope they keep hitting this hard

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#384088

The fire is not plotted yet on the BCWS dashboard but air traffic shows water bombers and helicopters working in an area between Trepanier Protected Area and the Telemark Club.
Last edited by Queen K on Sep 7th, 2022, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Fire Above Peachland, Trepanier area

Post by Queen K »

It's now dubbed the Jack Creek Wildfire

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#384088

and out of control.

Anyone living up there? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
ehlersroadecho

Re: Fire Above Peachland, Trepanier area

Post by ehlersroadecho »

Fire crews are stationed overnight upper Trepanier area, but the fire is not in Peachland.
vic35099

Re: Jack Creek Wildfire above Peachland

Post by vic35099 »

The news is saying the fire started at 5:30 yesterday afternoon. I was on my deck in mission looking at the sky mentally observing there was not a cloud in the sky, what a beautiful summer day, at that time. My view is directly onto west Kelowna. The news says the fire was strarted by lighting. Not a chance of that. I say either campfire, or deliberate.
sitting rabbit
Fledgling

Re: Jack Creek Wildfire above Peachland

Post by sitting rabbit »

• UPDATE 1:46 p.m.
    The BC Wildfire Service is reporting that the Jack Creek wildfire is now classified as held.
    That means the fire is not expected to grow under current conditions.
    As a result, the Central Okanagan Emergency Operations Centre has rescinded the evacuation alert for 17 properties along Maxwell Road.
    Despite the evacuation alert being lifted, residents and visitors in the Central Okanagan are reminded the fire hazard remains high and conditions are dry. If you see smoke from a wildfire, report it at *5555 from a cell phone or 1-800-663-5555. If there is threat to life call 9-1-1.
    A regional campfire ban remains in effect in Central Okanagan fire jurisdictions.
    All campfires are prohibited in the City of West Kelowna, District of Lake Country, District of Peachland, Westbank First Nation and the Central Okanagan East and West Electoral Areas serviced by the Ellison, Joe Rich, North Westside and Wilson’s Landing fire departments. Campfires are not permitted at any time within the City of Kelowna.

Source: castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/384328/E ... ire#384328
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein

Return to “Fire Watch 2022”