FIRE ABOVE BARTLEY ROAD - West Kelowna Fire Chief says there appears to be a fire above Bartley Rd.

Tyrian-Quill
Board Meister

FIRE ABOVE BARTLEY ROAD - West Kelowna Fire Chief says there appears to be a fire above Bartley Rd.

Post by Tyrian-Quill »

UPDATE 9:40 a.m.

The West Kelowna Fire Department and crews from BC Wildfire Service are on the scene of a wildfire about eight kilometres up the Bartley Forestry Road.

According to West Kelowna assistant fire chief Lionel Bateman, the fire is estimated at about 0.4 hectares in size and is burning in an area difficult to access.
Yes.. it is a "very dry, and warm fall"
Stay alert and safe. :up:
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. – George Bernard Shaw
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: FIRE ABOVE BARTLEY ROAD - West Kelowna Fire Chief says there appears to be a fire above Bartley Rd.

Post by The_quiet_one »

Any new updates ? This is just above me.
Tyrian-Quill
Board Meister

Re: FIRE ABOVE BARTLEY ROAD - West Kelowna Fire Chief says there appears to be a fire above Bartley Rd.

Post by Tyrian-Quill »

The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 12:16 pm Any new updates ? This is just above me.
Yup:
UPDATE 12:18 p.m.

The BC Wildfire Service continues to battle a blaze that sparked above Bartley Rd. in West Kelowna.

The fire, called the McDougall Creek fire, remains listed as out of control and is now 1.1 hectares in size.

BC Wildfire Service spokesperson Melanie Bibeau tells Castanet, "there are two initial attack crews with an officer and two helicopters supporting fire suppression."

Stay alert and safe.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. – George Bernard Shaw
Tyrian-Quill
Board Meister

Post by Tyrian-Quill »

UPDATE: 3:22 p.m.
The BC Wildfire Service says the McDougall Creek fire, burning above Bartley Rd. is now at an estimated 1.6 hectares in size.

The fire is classified as out of control.

There are seven BCWS personnel responding along with two helicopters.
https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... -Rd#389893

Stay alert and stay safe!
You're all in my thoughts\

Tyrian-Quill
Board Meister

Post by Tyrian-Quill »

UPDATE 9:15 p.m.

A wildfire smouldering in the mountains above West Kelowna is still estimated as 1.6 hectares in size.

The McDougall Creek fire, which is believed to be caused by lightning, is burning northwest of the Rose Valley Reservoir where helicopters were filling their buckets on Tuesday.

While a small plume was visible from the fire Tuesday morning, that had been reduced to a light haze by dusk.

The fire is still classified as out of control.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

They should be allowing it to burn and just keep an eye on it
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Boosted632 wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 10:01 am They should be allowing it to burn and just keep an eye on it
Seems like a bad idea to be honest. Too dry out and too close to the city.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

Frisk wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 1:21 pm
Boosted632 wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 10:01 am They should be allowing it to burn and just keep an eye on it
Seems like a bad idea to be honest. Too dry out and too close to the city.
Plenty of dew at night its not close to the city and its not growing in size let it burn it will be fine
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY

Return to “Fire Watch 2022”