ParentsVoice BC. Who really are they?

baron1963

Re: ParentsVoice BC. Who really are they?

Post by baron1963 »

Interesting that the students in SD 23 and in the private schools agreed with the voting public on their selection of trustees that would best represent our community. Only difference was they chose Chris Becenko over Lee Anne Tiede.
SCHOOL DISTRICT 23
(CENTRAL OKANAGAN)
Elected Officials: 5

KELOWNA
ELECTED CANDIDATE
CHRIS BECENKO
JULIA FRASER
VAL JOHNSON
WAYNE BROUGHTON
WEST KELOWNA
CHANTELLE
DESROSIERS
Results by Candidate:
VIEW
Schools: 25
VIEW
sab30

Re: ParentsVoice BC. Who really are they?

Post by sab30 »

spooker wrote: Oct 18th, 2022, 12:49 pm
rustled wrote: Oct 17th, 2022, 5:16 pm Perhaps once our trustees feel less politically vulnerable discussing our concerns about SOGI 123 activities in the K-3 lesson guides, those of us concerned about this issue will find a trustee with the courage to listen.
And the fact that the concerns brought up here around the lesson plan "what is a family" are addressed by text in the aforementioned lesson plan hasn't seemed to lessen the continued hammering of the same concern of possible harm coming to some kids ...

No one has tried to paint SOGI 123 as a perfect solution, but it's the toolset we have right now until we decide to do something different ... and considering the naysayers were out as soon as it was presented means that many don't even want to give it time enough to be evaluated ... how can anyone answer the questions without having enough data to analyze?
My daughter came home today and indicated that part of the family discussion is that they want to encourage her to use "parent" referring to us and not Mom and Dad because it potentially can be offensive/traumatic to other kids in the class. Hahahaha, ya no. Made it very clear to her, I'm her Dad, and she can tell her teacher to call me if she has a problem with that. We will see how that goes over....we've lost our minds.

Return to “Civic Elections 2022”