Do not fill the slate when voting

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Do not fill the slate when voting

Post by lesliepaul »

I hope the voters understand the importance that they DO NOT have to vote for a mayor or EIGHT councilors. If you have looked at the people who are running and ONLY 2, 3, or 5 have impressed you..........JUST VOTE FOR THOSE ONLY.

What happens here is people not understanding and decide to vote for 3 or 4 they like THEN add 4 or 5 more to fill out their ballot slate and end up voting for an incumbent whose name is familiar. This is the reason we keep getting the same "grifters" on council.

When I went to the "meet the councilors" two weeks ago I had some person outside the building running for school trustee come up to me and I told them I never vote for school trustee's.........THEY TOLD ME........"I had to vote for a school trustee".

I think it is time that this IMPORTANT fact of NOT FILLING THE SLATE needs to be put out to the public at EVERY municipal election.

Hopefully RUTLAND comes out in full force to eradicate this current city council.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Do not fill the slate when voting

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Yes, do not fill up the voting card.
Don't vote for someone you don't really care either way for.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 14th, 2022, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Sol316
Fledgling

Post by Sol316 »

Questions just keep coming
Oct 14, 2022
https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/3 ... eep-coming

[snip]
Kelowna is at an inflection point. If you're satisfied to have four more years of a tone-deaf city council that ignores the need for substantial affordable housing, ignores the growing traffic gridlock, ignores the needs of the vast majority of Kelowna's homeless and ignores the city's own Official Community Plan, then vote for Basran and all the incumbent council candidates.

But if you're not satisfied, consider voting for some of the new faces: those from a variety of backgrounds who have fresh, practical ideas to address the important issues that affect us all.
[snip]
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

bb49 wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 7:34 pm Yes, do not fill up the voting card.
I disagree. Fill it up. In my situation it's not that I really care for all 6 Councillors I'm voting for, it's that there are at least 2 running for Council that i really don't like at all. By voting for someone else, that is just meh, there is one more vote that could possibly defeat the 2 I detest.
For example, eco terrorist candidate gets 1000 votes and non eco terrorist candidate gets 999, then my vote for non eco terrorist will assure at least there is a tie. If everyone does this then maybe the eco terrorist gets far less votes and doesn't destroy our city, financially.
I sooo hope it goes that way, but my predictions are rarely correct in elections. Way too many stupid people out there.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
jcow84

Post by jcow84 »

JagXKR wrote: Oct 14th, 2022, 5:28 pm
I disagree. Fill it up. In my situation it's not that I really care for all 6 Councillors I'm voting for, it's that there are at least 2 running for Council that i really don't like at all. By voting for someone else, that is just meh, there is one more vote that could possibly defeat the 2 I detest.
For example, eco terrorist candidate gets 1000 votes and non eco terrorist candidate gets 999, then my vote for non eco terrorist will assure at least there is a tie. If everyone does this then maybe the eco terrorist gets far less votes and doesn't destroy our city, financially.
I sooo hope it goes that way, but my predictions are rarely correct in elections. Way too many stupid people out there.
You get 8 votes if you're in Kelowna. :)
Panzer130
Board Meister

Post by Panzer130 »

JagXKR wrote: Oct 14th, 2022, 5:28 pm
This ideology fails unfortunately,
If we all follow your strategy, the candidates you want to win can lose due to our “throw away” votes. You are not blocking an unwanted candidate; you are lowering the chances of your top candidates from winning.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Panzer130 wrote: Oct 15th, 2022, 12:40 pm This ideology fails unfortunately,
If we all follow your strategy, the candidates you want to win can lose due to our “throw away” votes. You are not blocking an unwanted candidate; you are lowering the chances of your top candidates from winning.
No, you're wrong. The 2 candidates that I vote for are not "front runners" therefore have NO chance of defeating the front runners, the 4 I want for sure. And the 4 will garner the most votes, regardless.
Of the many many running for council, most have little chance, as there are far more running than available seats. There are names that will get many votes just due to familiarity of the name.
But maybe if enough vote for these others it will displace a less than desirable of the non top runners. There are many of them and we need to not have them at the table. They are destructive in their eco terrorism. They have a good chance because they are nice. Simpletons like nice. There are too many simpletons in Penticton and they know not what they do.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “Civic Elections 2022”