Kelowna Fire Department Union supporting Basran?!

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Kelowna Fire Department Union supporting Basran?!

Post by lesliepaul »

ANY kind of recommendation coming out of ANYONE in city hall is a death knell for Kelowna.............first, get rid of the current grifters on city council AND then clean house at city hall. Gilchrist and Ryan Smith need to be removed immediately. They can all move into Mattiussi's large appliance box and listen to his stories about the fire.........tears and all!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I don't think Unions should be allowed to endorse any Politicians period!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

agreed. I wonder if their felt pressured to support him?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Cricket911

Post by Cricket911 »

OMG....I wonder who else wants ¨this clown¨re-elected. Letś hope the rest of Kelowna ¨has seen the light¨ and won´t re-elect Basran. Kelowna has had enough of his politics to last us a lifetime....¨show him the door, and hope it hits him on his way out¨.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

The Kelowna Fire Department Union supporting Basran.............I'll put this the simplest way possible.........."Kelowna fire department, stay in your firehalls until called.........its very simple. Your opinions are NOT needed on anything but fires.........GOT IT!

I have to wonder if there is some low IQ'd union leader clown here speaking for the others.........wouldn't be the first time garbage like that has happened.
Last edited by lesliepaul on Oct 12th, 2022, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

fire depatments, police departments, civic workers absolutely be A-political. Never state a preferred candidate.
if that candidate looses, it may and does come back to bite you.
In the early 90's the fire dept in Squamish endorsed a candidate. the candidate lost and the new mayor cut the ranks by laying off two members.
if asked, chief should say the members are free to vote for who they wish.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

Pretty strange having various groups assemble a slate and try to tell everyone else that it is OK because they have done the work for us. I guess there is a segment that buys it - hopefully an extremely small one.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

lensbaby wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 6:56 pm Pretty strange having various groups assemble a slate and try to tell everyone else that it is OK because they have done the work for us. I guess there is a segment that buys it - hopefully an extremely small one.
I would bet a fireman's wife wouldn't even listen to this B.S. endorsement.
mark.fox

Post by mark.fox »

What a crock!! I wonder how much money Colin gave to these guys. Colin has all his media buddies to ensure his name is in our face the most. This city has gone totally downhill with this guy in charge and his entire council needs to go. It is a sad state to walk downtown these days and all these people do is talk and don't do a thing until election time. Living downtown is brutal as our building is constantly getting broken into and all we get is file a report, no action. No wonder people are angry and want to take matters into their own hands. This council is a bunch of yes men for Colin's agenda and need to be tossed out with this piece of trash. Shame on all of Colins media buddies of for your biased reporting more than likely paid for with our tax dollars
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

Me smells a rat in the whole support thing.... dam it smells rotten to the core... |||
2by4angel
Fledgling

Post by 2by4angel »

The union may support him but I wonder how many firefighters actually support him?

Just because a Union supports him doesn't necessarily mean those in the union supports him...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

mark.fox wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 7:59 pm What a crock!! I wonder how much money Colin gave to these guys. Colin has all his media buddies to ensure his name is in our face the most. This city has gone totally downhill with this guy in charge and his entire council needs to go. It is a sad state to walk downtown these days and all these people do is talk and don't do a thing until election time. Living downtown is brutal as our building is constantly getting broken into and all we get is file a report, no action. No wonder people are angry and want to take matters into their own hands. This council is a bunch of yes men for Colin's agenda and need to be tossed out with this piece of trash. Shame on all of Colins media buddies of for your biased reporting more than likely paid for with our tax dollars
x2 :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
firsttimecaller
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by firsttimecaller »

2by4angel wrote: Oct 13th, 2022, 10:28 am The union may support him but I wonder how many firefighters actually support him?

Just because a Union supports him doesn't necessarily mean those in the union supports him...
The answer is actually ZERO firemen support him. That's all I can say right now.
Sol316
Fledgling

Post by Sol316 »

firsttimecaller wrote: Oct 14th, 2022, 12:04 pm
2by4angel wrote: Oct 13th, 2022, 10:28 am The union may support him but I wonder how many firefighters actually support him?

The answer is actually ZERO firemen support him. That's all I can say right now.
Please provide some evidence that ZERO firemen support Basran.

Two more questions:
What percentage of local firemen support fire chief Travis Whiting?

What do they think of Whiting saying at the July 26/22 hearing (re: UBCO Tower):
"These new buildings don’t burn the way they did 25 years ago because of the very nature of construction and the ability of fires to be contained to the unit of origins, or floor of origin."

He added that the buildings also had features like emergency egresses, smoke control and sprinklers that were all mandated.
2by4angel
Fledgling

Post by 2by4angel »

The old saying 'I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine' instantly comes to my mind...lol

How else could Kelowna go from 'small town feel' to 'big city problems' over the course of two years? How else could all these development proposals suddenly become reality? I could go on...

One thing I am not is naive...

Return to “Civic Elections 2022”