General Fire side chat, bring your s'more's and sticks

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

General Fire side chat, bring your s'more's and sticks

Post by Queen K »

This thread for those general comments not belonging to any one specific thread.

Giant bonfire surrounded by log seats, sparks flyin', hotdogs threaded awkwardly on the long metal roasting sticks, who hasn't done this in Canada? But The Wildfire season cometh.

So early too, unnaturally early, we are having a Spring drought that belies the snowpack above. What does 2023 bring for us when we are already seeing a stretch in wildfire resources?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
alanjh595
Banned

Re: General Fire side chat, bring your s'more's and sticks

Post by alanjh595 »

1st thing is, forget the open flame cooking of weiners and smore's.

All open flames in a park will be banned very soon. This year could end up being another 2003.

Sorry to dump on the fireside chats for this year.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote: Apr 22nd, 2023, 9:12 am 1st thing is, forget the open flame cooking of weiners and smore's.

All open flames in a park will be banned very soon. This year could end up being another 2003.

Propane firepit...no problem!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote: Apr 22nd, 2023, 2:21 pm
alanjh595 wrote: Apr 22nd, 2023, 9:12 am 1st thing is, forget the open flame cooking of weiners and smore's.

OPEN flame......problem. They were banned for the last 2 years during "high risk" fire season.
Stick to the Hibachi.
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The part of wildfire season I am not a fan of is potential smoke and depending how strong the smell the burning eyes.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote: Apr 22nd, 2023, 3:55 pm
Bsuds wrote: Apr 22nd, 2023, 2:21 pm

OPEN flame......problem. They were banned for the last 2 years during "high risk" fire season.
Stick to the Hibachi.
Nope they are allowed because there are no sparks flying. Maybe in forested areas during extreme conditions but in RV parks where we go they are very much allowed.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safe ... strictions
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Gosh, if worse comes to worse, no flames of any kind, I know where you can get a great hot dog and drink for a buck fifty.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Apr 23rd, 2023, 12:55 pm Gosh, if worse comes to worse, no flames of any kind, I know where you can get a great hot dog and drink for a buck fifty.
I do them at home. (Costco Hot Dogs)

From frozen in the Ninja pressure cooker for 5 min then onto the BBQ to finish. Much better flavour than at the warehouse. :130:
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Queen K wrote: Apr 22nd, 2023, 8:39 am This thread for those general comments not belonging to any one specific thread.

Giant bonfire surrounded by log seats, sparks flyin', hotdogs threaded awkwardly on the long metal roasting sticks, who hasn't done this in Canada? But The Wildfire season cometh.

So early too, unnaturally early, we are having a Spring drought that belies the snowpack above. What does 2023 bring for us when we are already seeing a stretch in wildfire resources?
It may be colder and dryer than normal, but nothing about our weather is unnatural.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

With the exception of a looming drought, driest Spring ever, ya, ummm, no. I haven't seen a Spring this dry for a long, long time. Unnatural it is.

Oh, don't listen to lil ol' me, read this:

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/422994 ... ow-average

It took til April to be a tiny bit normal for the season thus far. Not normal for January to March.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Queen K wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 8:15 am With the exception of a looming drought, driest Spring ever, ya, ummm, no. I haven't seen a Spring this dry for a long, long time. Unnatural it is.

Oh, don't listen to lil ol' me, read this:

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/422994 ... ow-average

It took til April to be a tiny bit normal for the season thus far. Not normal for January to March.
It's our weather in our climate on our earth which are all part of nature. How is this unnatural?
We'll have years that are hotter than others and years with more snow than others. This year has been colder and dryer than others, but it's not like some unnatural force is at work pulling the strings on us. We live very close to desert land and every year we end up in droughts it seems. This years first one is early.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Queen K wrote: Apr 24th, 2023, 8:15 am With the exception of a looming drought, driest Spring ever, ya, ummm, no. I haven't seen a Spring this dry for a long, long time. Unnatural it is.
I agree, no shortage of grass fires right now.

However June is or was anyway, a wet month. Who knows what's in store in a couple of months.

I remember in 2003 the last significant rain in the Okanagan was in May. June was dry, July was dry, August was dry..
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

There's always a spring wildfire season before green-up gets going.

Way too early to tell what the season will look like. June rains are a major factor in determining what the summer brings for wildfires.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

kamprecip.png
kamtemp.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

May and June are usually wet months. If we get our normal May and June rains, it'll be a normal fire year because July and August are dry months. But if we miss those May and June rains, we usually have a summer from hell with fires and smoke.

Return to “Fire Watch”