Flood chat!

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Flood chat!

Post by Glacier »

floowindasdfwwwww.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Many creeks such as Mission Creek are up above to where they were on May 6th...
misisoncreek1.png
missioncreek2.png
missioncrek3.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I suspect the owner will be much more careful were they park in the future, now a boat and tow truck is needed to remove the truck from the river.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/427030 ... s-upstream
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Okay, I'm confused by something.

I'm watching the lake graph charting the full pool.
Full pool.JPG
And the graph skyrockets, in the future? :135:

It seems to me that in the past, I watched as the graph terminated on the day we were on, so is this a glitch or is this something else?
I haven't failed until I quit.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

Where do you see the future in the chart? The last data points (the furthest to the right) for the current year and last year are May 22, which is today.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Troy wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 1:08 pm Where do you see the future in the chart? The last data points (the furthest to the right) for the current year and last year are May 22, which is today.
I need new reading glasses, apparently #0_0# I was reading the white dot as being the current day
I haven't failed until I quit.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Just got home after walking the girls the west side of the channel. Crossed the dam and two gates are ripping water right now.
Guessing the gates bottom is 24-30" off the concrete. Channel is quite high at the moment.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

seewood wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 4:18 pm Just got home after walking the girls the west side of the channel. Crossed the dam and two gates are ripping water right now.
Guessing the gates bottom is 24-30" off the concrete. Channel is quite high at the moment.
Not wide open yet, but certainly open to this point at an earlier date than last year...
wideopennope.png
- Douglas Murray
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Glacier wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 5:02 pm Not wide open yet, but certainly open to this point at an earlier date than last year...
Codes for the colours ? Thx Glacier.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
brentville
Fledgling

Post by brentville »

Less than 200mm to go till full pool (Full pool is 342.48 metres) :(
The 1st mandate of the Ministry of Forests, that operates the Penticton Dam, is to not allow the lake level to exceed 342.69, which has 400mm to go. Here we go again!!!!
The Marx Bros. have nothing on these boys :(
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

seewood wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 5:11 pm Codes for the colours ? Thx Glacier.
asdfdddddddddd.png
brentville wrote: May 24th, 2023, 9:21 am Less than 200mm to go till full pool (Full pool is 342.48 metres) :(
The 1st mandate of the Ministry of Forests, that operates the Penticton Dam, is to not allow the lake level to exceed 342.69, which has 400mm to go. Here we go again!!!!
The Marx Bros. have nothing on these boys :(
The dam actually makes the river peak flows and even the lake level a lot higher than it would be otherwise. ie. MUCH more flooding. The reason the dam was built was to have more water in the creek in the fall, and not to worry about water levels. Flooding concerns is secondary.
okriverstreamflow2b.png
oklake3.png
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

missioncreek1.png
missioncreek2b.png
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Flood Watch 2023”