History Hustle

A potpourri of off-topics.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: History Hustle

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

^^^
Why does the media do this so often?
(third from left) when there are four people. Why not say second from the right?

Another of our unanswered questions.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^We read left to right, plus judges in photo contests read the composition of a photo from left to right.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

181.jpg
Göbekli Tepe (Turkish: [gœbecˈli teˈpe], "Potbelly Hill"; known as Girê Mirazan or Xirabreşkê in Kurdish is a Neolithic archaeological site near the city of Şanlıurfa in Southeastern Anatolia, Turkey. Dated to the Pre-Pottery Neolithic, between c. 9500 and 8000 BCE, the site comprises a number of large circular structures supported by massive stone pillars – the world's oldest known megaliths. Many of these pillars are richly decorated with abstract anthropomorphic details, clothing, and reliefs of wild animals, providing archaeologists rare insights into prehistoric religion and the particular iconography of the period. The 15 m (50 ft)-high, 8 ha (20 acres) tell also includes many smaller rectangular buildings, quarries, and stone-cut cisterns from the Neolithic, as well as some traces of activity from later periods.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

175.jpg
𝗦𝗲𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗶𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲? 𝗛𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 18 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝗠𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗲, 𝗔𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗮𝗺𝗮, 𝗶𝗻 1952. 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝘀 $1.50 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝘁. 𝗜𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗯𝗮𝗴 𝗯𝘆 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝘁 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀. (𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗳 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗺𝗮 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗮𝗺𝗮𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵, 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗮𝗯𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘄𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗻𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀.) 𝗛𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗜𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗯.

𝗛𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗯𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗜𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗖𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗼 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀. 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆, 𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁. 𝗔 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘂𝗸𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀. 𝗛𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 2 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗰𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝘁𝗼 𝗔𝘁𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮. 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆, 𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗡𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗼 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗴𝘂𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝗷𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗴𝘂𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿.

𝗛𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱. 𝗔𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁, 𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗿 𝘃𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝘁𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮 𝗕𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀. 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺𝘀 (𝘁𝘄𝗶𝗰𝗲) 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻, 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿, 44, 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗔𝘁𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮-𝗙𝘂𝗹𝘁𝗼𝗻 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺 𝗻𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗮 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸 𝗕𝗮𝗯𝗲 𝗥𝘂𝘁𝗵'𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗹-𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗱 (𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 33 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀).

𝗥𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 "𝗛𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻' 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗸" 𝗔𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗻.

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

180.jpg

sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

great story
:up: :130: :up:
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^ yes a wonderful watch and great way to start the day. Thank you. :130: :up:
I am not wealthy but I am rich
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

178.jpg
This photo, taken on October 6, 1944, near Kapellen, Belgium, shows Sgt Harold A. Marshall, a Canadian sniper of the Calgary Highlanders' Scout and Sniper Platoon. Day after day, Harold confronted German forces with his Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk I rifle, and enabled Canadian soldiers to keep moving forward, but two months after this picture was taken, a German bullet struck his leg. Doctors wanted to amputate, but he refused and said: "I came with two legs, and I'm going home with two". Following the war, Harold worked for the City of Calgary Electric System and married Catherine, the love of his life. Together, they had three lovely children. This true Canadian hero passed away on January 18, 2013, at the age of 94.

Awards
1939–1945 Star
1939–45 War Medal
Defence Medal
Canadian Volunteer Service Medal with Clasp
France-Germany Star

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Marshall_(sniper)

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

McDonald's menu from the '60s.
176.jpg

alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

What was the first Mcdonalds in Canada?
Richmond
In 1967, the first McDonald's Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. We've been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great value ever since.
I was there on opening day.
Capture.JPG
Bring back the LIKE button.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

179.png

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

186.png
Daniel "Chappie" James Jr. (February 11, 1920 – February 25, 1978) was a fighter pilot in the U.S. Air Force, who in 1975 became the first African American to reach the rank of four-star general. He is the third person of Sub-Saharan origin to become highest-ranking officer in the Western world after Thomas-Alexandre Dumas (1793) and Toussaint Louverture (1797).
https://military-history.fandom.com/wik ... _James,_Jr.

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

187.png

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

182.jpg
Many exceptional and brave men served in Vietnam such as Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock, Captain John ‘Rip’ Ripley, Sergeant Ed Eaton, and Captain John McCain. Among these gallant heroes was Jerry “Mad Dog” Shriver of the US 5th Special Forces.
A lot of what Shriver did with MACV-SOG may never be known as they were highly classified missions, often in countries that they should not have been in. But the decorations he was awarded were a reflection of his bravery and dedication to his duty and achievements.

He received two Silver Stars, three Army Commendation Medals for Valor, seven Bronze Stars, one Purple Heart, one Air Medal, and the Soldier’s Medal during his short life.
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instan ... d-dog.html

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Interesting, thanks.

I remember having 4 of the Nasty Boats protecting our ship on a trip up the Saigon River to deliver a dredge.

We were the largest ship to traverse the River during the War and they were worried the VC would try and attack.

Luckily they didn't.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Grab Bag”