Do you suffer from "I trusted where did it get me?"

A potpourri of off-topics.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

hevvonly wrote:We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone--but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy.Author: Walter Anderson

I think that most of us have probably been hurt by someone in our past whom we trusted, and that trust was misplaced, but if you go through life never again taking a chance on people, you run the risk of never truly living. I try to think about all the people whom I have trusted and they never let me down, rather than focus on those few who betrayed my trust. A much more sastifying exercise.

A peaceful way to live. There is no serenity when one focuses on negative experiences of the past or expects them to be in their future.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
SpazmoTheMagnificent
Übergod

Re: Do you suffer from "I trusted where did it get me?&

Post by SpazmoTheMagnificent »

peacelover wrote:I think I do sometimes by some of my posts. I'm actually a very positive person, but like many others in this world , I have had my trust broken many, many times. It leaves me sounding jaded, and according to some hearthearted. I'm not.

Just want to wish everyone the gift of peace in their hearts.

"I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year". Charles Dickens.

Go pick up the bestseller book..."Me to We". You might like it.
moi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by moi »

Yup..I left my job due to a newborn and stupidly recommended a so-called friend of mine for the job. Now she's ensuring that I never hold down a job and actually "biting the hand that feeds" with her slanders all because my husband's faithful to me. All I can say; I would never be that nice again. :-X

I don't trust easily anymore since then....lesson learnt.

Return to “Grab Bag”