Does this happen to anyone else?

A potpourri of off-topics.
amomof2dogs
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 781
Joined: Dec 4th, 2004, 7:16 pm

Does this happen to anyone else?

Post by amomof2dogs »

It happened again tonight!

At least once every couple of weeks I cook the same thing for dinner that my husband had for lunch. Now, if I cooked boring predictable food then I wouldn't be surprised by this but I cook rather eclectic meals in sometimes odd combinations. Tonight I made curried pork tenderloin over rice with vietnamese salad rolls. We haven't had either dish in months and hubby sat down to dinner and said, "you did it again." Last time it was greek souvlaki and the time before that it was beef dip sandwiches with yam fries. I'm beginning to think there is a weird connection going on.

I think he better start taking peanut butter sandwiches for lunch because at least I won't be making that for dinner.
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
Posts: 56361
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Post by ferri »

:lol: that is too funny! i don't think i have ever done that, but BriTer has come home several times and when he sees what i am cooking will say, "I was thinking all day how good ____ would taste!" :lol: it must be a spousal connection. :D
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
User avatar
hotchip99
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4476
Joined: Mar 25th, 2006, 12:28 pm

Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Post by hotchip99 »

amomof2dogs wrote:Tonight I made curried pork tenderloin over rice with vietnamese salad rolls. Last time it was greek souvlaki and the time before that it was beef dip sandwiches with yam fries.



I think "adadof2dogs" has it pretty good! =P~
Jo
Slot 16
Posts: 22663
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 12:33 pm

Post by Jo »

I think if you can switch your menu to vegetarian and seafood only, I'm moving in. :smt023 What time is supper?
Catz
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 12731
Joined: Dec 8th, 2006, 5:44 am

Post by Catz »

My husband can't cook squat, but he likes to say 'not bad'.


Drives me nuts.
User avatar
BriTer
Guru
Posts: 7501
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Post by BriTer »

Puffy wrote:My husband can't cook squat, but he likes to say 'not bad'.


Drives me nuts.


I've never tried cooking squat. Does he have a recipe?
User avatar
BriTer
Guru
Posts: 7501
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Post by BriTer »

ferri wrote::lol: that is too funny! i don't think i have ever done that, but BriTer has come home several times and when he sees what i am cooking will say, "I was thinking all day how good ____ would taste!" :lol: it must be a spousal connection. :D


...and I thought it was cuz we're special :)
I smell tuna casserole in my future :126:
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 13789
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm

Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Post by gardengirl »

amomof2dogs wrote:It happened again tonight!

At least once every couple of weeks I cook the same thing for dinner that my husband had for lunch. Now, if I cooked boring predictable food then I wouldn't be surprised by this but I cook rather eclectic meals in sometimes odd combinations. Tonight I made curried pork tenderloin over rice with vietnamese salad rolls. We haven't had either dish in months and hubby sat down to dinner and said, "you did it again." Last time it was greek souvlaki and the time before that it was beef dip sandwiches with yam fries. I'm beginning to think there is a weird connection going on.

I think he better start taking peanut butter sandwiches for lunch because at least I won't be making that for dinner.


Exactly. Maybe hubby should not be going out for lunch.
Just think of the money you would save.
We generally do "plannned overs". Whatever is for dinner tonight, will be for lunch tomorrow.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
BriTer
Guru
Posts: 7501
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Post by BriTer »

gardengirl wrote: We generally do "plannned overs". Whatever is for dinner tonight, will be for lunch tomorrow.

'planned overs', never heard that before. Good description :)
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 13789
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm

Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Post by gardengirl »

BriTer wrote:
gardengirl wrote: We generally do "plannned overs". Whatever is for dinner tonight, will be for lunch tomorrow.

'planned overs', never heard that before. Good description :)


I got that from my mom. Leftovers is something that is left over.
Planned overs are intended to be used for another meal. I intentionally cook more than we need for supper so there is enough to pack for lunch the following day.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
BriTer
Guru
Posts: 7501
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Post by BriTer »

gardengirl wrote:
BriTer wrote:
gardengirl wrote: We generally do "plannned overs". Whatever is for dinner tonight, will be for lunch tomorrow.

'planned overs', never heard that before. Good description :)


I got that from my mom. Leftovers is something that is left over.
Planned overs are intended to be used for another meal. I intentionally cook more than we need for supper so there is enough to pack for lunch the following day.


Same here, not hard to do though when we're cooking for only two. I enjoy the leftovers, usually taste even better after a day.
amomof2dogs
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 781
Joined: Dec 4th, 2004, 7:16 pm

Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Post by amomof2dogs »

hotchip99 wrote:
amomof2dogs wrote:Tonight I made curried pork tenderloin over rice with vietnamese salad rolls. Last time it was greek souvlaki and the time before that it was beef dip sandwiches with yam fries.



I think "adadof2dogs" has it pretty good! =P~


You're right. the dadof2dogs does have it pretty good. Maybe I should have added that he cooks on weekends and is a way better cook than I am. I am pretty spoiled too.

Last weekend we had baked halibut filets seasoned with rosemary and wrapped in panchetta served on garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus with lemon mayonaise.

I better not elaborate too much or we'll have everyone begging to move in.
amomof2dogs
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 781
Joined: Dec 4th, 2004, 7:16 pm

Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Post by amomof2dogs »

gardengirl wrote:Exactly. Maybe hubby should not be going out for lunch.Just think of the money you would save.
We generally do "plannned overs". Whatever is for dinner tonight, will be for lunch tomorrow.


Crazy thing is he only goes out for lunch twice a week. The rest of the time he does take his lunch from home. We used to have 'planned overs' but since our boys have become teenagers there is never food left. The fridge piranahs eat it all. Only thing left is the bones.
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
Posts: 56361
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Post by ferri »

:lol: i remember my parents worrying about my brother when he was a teen. they were afraid he end up permanently stooped with a frost bitten face.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
User avatar
crankster
Banned
Posts: 1476
Joined: Nov 28th, 2004, 10:35 pm

Post by crankster »

Good one ferri. I can still see my 18yr old,6'3" boy raiding the fridge. Stooped and hanging over the door,survaying the innards of the frosty freezer. That made my eveninginglolololo(as well as a few brewskies)
People Powered Government-say yes to an overthrow near you!

Return to “Grab Bag”