Looking for a car........

A potpourri of off-topics.
Puppycake
Board Meister

Post by Puppycake »

Awwwww thanks guy!! :smt058

BriTer wrote:
Puppycake wrote:Oh forget it then! lmaoooo!!
HEYYYY I am over 500 posts! :123:

I weel keep looking for dat my leetelle poopycake :smt054

Congrats on the over 500 :)
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

You're in luck....I just happen to be selling one of these beautiful imports and I think it meets all of your requirements....

LOL But man those things are overpriced !!!

I'm sure she's really glad she took the time to post but what does she expect from the Castanet forum??

Anniecat, you have no clue. Whether it's been help with spring cleaning, computer help, need for a quick place to live ect, you name it, this fantastic crew has come across for me EVERYTIME! I'm talking the past 2 years! You are too new here and don't REALLY know these people. NEVER underestimate the power of the people on this forum.
The chances of one of these hundreds of forum readers possible having a lead is not that unbelievable. I'm in a bind, no doubt in my mind a few people here will keep their eyes open, it only takes one.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Before you buy anything, check the vehicle out fully, and find out if and when the timing belt was changed. Some Timing Belt jobs are a bigtime expense depending on what engine the car has!
And, most of the newer engines need the belt changed at or near 100,000 kms, and some owners of 6 cylinder car engines skip that part of maintainance and then sell the car, which may need a $900 timing belt job.

Just some cheap honest advice!

Thanks.............. really, it's good to know these tips. Cheap honest advice always welcome :) :124:
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

binky11 wrote: I'm in a bind, no doubt in my mind a few people here will keep their eyes open, it only takes one.

Just one?? Damn. I've been keeping both open! :smt119
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Just one?? Damn. I've been keeping both open!

OMG your such a nut!!!!!
anniecat
Übergod

Post by anniecat »

binky11 wrote:
You're in luck....I just happen to be selling one of these beautiful imports and I think it meets all of your requirements....

LOL But man those things are overpriced !!!

I'm sure she's really glad she took the time to post but what does she expect from the Castanet forum??

Anniecat, you have no clue. Whether it's been help with spring cleaning, computer help, need for a quick place to live ect, you name it, this fantastic crew has come across for me EVERYTIME! I'm talking the past 2 years! You are too new here and don't REALLY know these people. NEVER underestimate the power of the people on this forum.
The chances of one of these hundreds of forum readers possible having a lead is not that unbelievable. I'm in a bind, no doubt in my mind a few people here will keep their eyes open, it only takes one.

Binky, I do have a clue and was only joking (I guess I should have put a "LOL" after) about "what did you expect from the Castanet forum". These people are amazing and I wouldn't keep posting on here if I didn't figure that.

I've posted for a few requests of my own, a little more trivial like herbal tea suggestions and bread machine suggestions but it amazes me how within a short while there's all these posts with attached links and the information all ready to go. I hope I didn't offend you or anyone else on here because my comments were made with 100% humour only.

And I do hope you find the vehicle that you're looking for but you're in good hands with these folks...... :smt023
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- Dr. Seus -
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

I hope I didn't offend you or anyone else on here because my comments were made with 100% humour only.

No offense taken. :124:

I guess what I meant too was that I have met so many of them personally, they don't just help on the forum but have shown up at my house as complete strangers to help out, and not just one or two.
Advice on the forum has been wonderful, but it's the hands on showing of their walking the talk that amazes me. I'm thinking my car just might come from a tipster here!

You'll have to come out to our get togethers Annie and see for yourself!

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you :)
moi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by moi »

One word....EBAY!!

Seriously..my friend bought himself a SUV Honda Pilot for 7K that was low milage and it's 2006 model or something like that. Very new.

I had looked in Ebay for Toyotas and there's tons of them! I saw one for 1.25 bucks! :200:

I myself perfer Toyotas the best of all....we bought ourselves an OLD cheap one for 600 last week on Banks Rd from a dealer. Normally we don't buy one from a dealer but we were in a hurry and needed one fast for my dh's new job. It will do until we find a NEWER car maybe thru ebay.

Good luck car hunting!!! Toyotas are hard to find..other models are easier such as Hondas. (took me 2 months to find a toyota when I lived in Vancouver since they were snatched up so fast in the ads)
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Yeah I agree Toyota's are BEST!

Ebay.........just can't do it. I do believe that there are exellent bargains on there. But one, I just couldn't imagine spending $10,000 on a car and not seeing it or test driving it! And then, you have to go to whatever state (cuz no bargains in Canada) to pick it up!
moi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by moi »

binky11 wrote:Yeah I agree Toyota's are BEST!

Ebay.........just can't do it. I do believe that there are exellent bargains on there. But one, I just couldn't imagine spending $10,000 on a car and not seeing it or test driving it! And then, you have to go to whatever state (cuz no bargains in Canada) to pick it up!

My friend told me that the price included shipping it to Canada...all of it cost him around 7K. I can understand about spending that much without testing drive it. I told my dh to fly down there to test the car before buying it and driving it here if we find one thru e-bay..that's our game plan.

Good luck finding one..it's hard to find. You could try "Buy and Sell" papers and try the Okanagan area in general.

Got myself a 1997 getaway van thru this website...
http://kelowna.kijiji.ca/f-cars-vehicle ... QQCatIdZ28

Also here's a site..but I have not used it before..
http://www.canadacarfinders.com/
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Exellent sites!!!! :124: Might be a couple there to finally go look at! :)
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

binky11 wrote:Exellent sites!!!! :124: Might be a couple there to finally go look at! :)

Maybe a couple of Segways?? :)
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Why Toyota or Honda?

http://autos.msn.com:80/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4023544

Why not Saturn? google them.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

you didn't answer BriTer! :(

:lol: i can picture it now...