Do you want to see something GROSS??? *pic*

A potpourri of off-topics.
moi
Generalissimo Postalot

Do you want to see something GROSS??? *pic*

Post by moi »

I'm warning you....it's gross so don't scroll down if you have a weak stomach.

My son who is 5 fell last Friday when he was walking home from the school bus drop off. He literally cut his tongue when he fell from front to back. Dh took him to ER and he had 5 stitches in. Poor baby!! Here's a picture of his "owie". I'm so amazed how he did that....cutting it from front to back....ugh!!! (BTW the wait in ER was 3 hours....good improvement from 8+ hours!)

I worry about it being scarred especially the "tag" sticking out on the tip of his tongue.

ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:200: that's one talented kid you have there!!! i bet his tongue is going to be okay, it looks like maybe it is just a little swollen? even got his little chin! poor kid! :( is he on a liquid/soft food diet until it heals a little more? man. now my tongue hurts.

when i was a kid our neighbor girl fell down her basement stairs and almost bit her tounge off. it was just hanging by a bit. :| she did fine once it healed. but man, even though i was only around 4 when it happened it made me feel really bad for her. we all know how it feels to bite your tongue just little. ouch. between Toby and your son you have had a busy time! lol
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
moi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by moi »

My son had his stitches in on Friday and Toby had his stitches in on Sunday..so in between them..they both had 5 stitches each! He's living off McDonald's shakes and really "milking it". I told him it's time for him to eat soft foods too!! He's leary about eating applesauce....silly kid!

Aha..story of my life....I just hope his tongue heals well and he can talk normally without sounding like a drunken sailer!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

and be sure to throw some threats in there if he thinks in 10 years or so he can get it pierced! :lol:

my friend talked okay after her lovely experience. i am sure your little guy will be okay. do he and Toby compare battle scars? LOL
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
crash 99
Walks on Forum Water

Post by crash 99 »

Awww poor guy... :126:

Believe it or not, his tongue was the best place to get injured. They heal remarkable fast, as opposed to having his face busted.. :200:

I have faith...he'll be fine, Toby too :)

It WILL hurt for a while...but McShakes will cure 'im :123: :smt023
SpazmoTheMagnificent
Übergod

Post by SpazmoTheMagnificent »

Rds wrote:My son had his stitches in on Friday and Toby had his stitches in on Sunday..so in between them..they both had 5 stitches each! He's living off McDonald's shakes and really "milking it". I told him it's time for him to eat soft foods too!! He's leary about eating applesauce....silly kid!

Aha..story of my life....I just hope his tongue heals well and he can talk normally without sounding like a drunken sailer!

LOL...he should be able to talk without impediment.
Scarring...well that he will have. That proturding tissue may or may not resolve when the tissue is less angry...and completly healed.
How are his teeth...might want to go check them. x-rays.
Kids will be kids.
Ugh.
amomof2dogs
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by amomof2dogs »

Oh boy! I feel for the poor little guy. Just before Christmas my son (13) called me at work to tell me he had a hole in his upper lip big enough to put a penny in. I kinda freaked thinking it was all the way through but it was just in the inside. He and his best bud were goofing around on the way home from school and bonked heads. Took him to the walk-in and he got 4 stitches. His lip was pretty swollen for several days but he healed up fine. He too had some little bits hanging out but they all smoothed out over a few weeks.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Ow!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

Return to “Grab Bag”