Divorce group?

A potpourri of off-topics.
starchild

Divorce group?

Post by starchild »

Are there any divorce support groups happening in Kelowna? Preferrably one that is not part of some church. I really could do with a support group. All suggestions welcome....tks...... :130:
tri

Post by tri »

Hi Star,

Family Court Services
Counselling for families undergoing seperation or divorce
Phone: 712-3636

I realize this is for families but perhaps they could better direct you. We could all use a little support from time to time.....good luck to you and stay strong.

trix
starchild

Divorce group

Post by starchild »

TrixEH....thanks for referral....I will call them. I think it would be great if there was a group for women 50 and over, as we are dealing with different concerns than younger women with children. I don't have the stamina to start a group myself, and my experience so far in this town, has been negative. I tried to start a spirtual type group, but nothing. :146:
Triple 6

Re: Divorce group

Post by Triple 6 »

starchild wrote:TrixEH....thanks for referral....I will call them. I think it would be great if there was a group for women 50 and over, as we are dealing with different concerns than younger women with children. I don't have the stamina to start a group myself, and my experience so far in this town, has been negative. I tried to start a spirtual type group, but nothing. :146:

Hi and Welcome Starchild. Hopefully that # posted will get you started down the right path.

Your family Dr might know of something as well.

Cheers.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
starchild

Divorce group

Post by starchild »

Hi everyone: I phoned Family Court Services. They are doing an information session soon on the legal aspects of seperation/divorce, which doesn't help me. I already have a divorce. I am seeking a support group to deal with the aftermath, and move forward. I also called Kelowna Community Services, but they have nothing either. I guess its up to individuals to go for private counselling (costly) or just do it on their own. A much slower process.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Hey Starchild, there are quite a lot of us here who've been through/going through or about to go through a separation/divorce.
You may have just actually started that group you're looking for, by just asking the question.
I imagine more of us will post here on your thread once we discover it.

Once a relationship ends there is usually a period of floundering (at least that was my experience) It takes awhile to figure out which direction to go and that lost feeling can sometimes be difficult to manage.

I've used this time to get to know myself, figure out who I am... etc
This soul searching and self discovery is not an easy thing but I think it's well worth it.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Nom_de_Plume wrote:Hey Starchild, there are quite a lot of us here who've been through/going through or about to go through a separation/divorce.
You may have just actually started that group you're looking for, by just asking the question.

Once a relationship ends there is usually a period of floundering (at least that was my experience) It takes awhile to figure out which direction to go and that lost feeling can sometimes be difficult to manage.

This soul searching and self discovery is not an easy thing but I think it's well worth it.

Your a strong chick! You have done well. . . And you are raising to lovely teenagers to boot!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Aw, thanks Trip. :124:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Triple 6 wrote:
Nom_de_Plume wrote:Hey Starchild, there are quite a lot of us here who've been through/going through or about to go through a separation/divorce.

Your a strong chick! You have done well. . . And you are raising to lovely teenagers to boot!

:smt023 :130:

Return to “Grab Bag”