Semi Transport trucks on Clement

A potpourri of off-topics.
User avatar
damngrumpy
Übergod
Posts: 1714
Joined: Dec 19th, 2005, 11:29 am

Post by damngrumpy »

Sometimes people go roaring by and I catch up to them at the light so whats the hurry? I have no sympathy with speeders what so ever.
The police usually give people 9 or 10 clicks over as long as it is not a school zone and that is enough.
I think they should think about issuing 24 to 36 hours roadside suspensions for speeding and other offences such as tailgating and running amber lights. Of course the suspension would include a 500 dollar fine and a 2% insurance increase with each ticket received.
Wonder if that would slow people down and get them thinking about what they are doing?
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3450
Joined: Mar 22nd, 2006, 7:02 pm

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

Yes, so many speeders don't think about stopping distance and the likelihood of seriously injuring someone in the event that the unexpected happens!
They are all concerned about racing off to where they are going, with no regard for safety!
I guess it has become a problem everywhere in Canada, and the solution is clearly more Enforcement, and the Concept of Photo Radar camera's being posted, and used all over the place to do the enforcing!
Vehicles are no longer tools to get people from point A to point B, they are really dangerous weapons when speed is involved!
And we all know how weapons can kill or seriously injure in a fraction of a second!
Now, more then ever before does Canada need Photo Radar to do the enforcing as vehicles are so much quicker to accelerate to 100 K, when most speed limits are 50!
Residential speed limits are a very big problem as well, they should be 30 km/hr, the same as school zones!
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3450
Joined: Mar 22nd, 2006, 7:02 pm

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

damngrumpy wrote:I think they should think about issuing 24 to 36 hours roadside suspensions for speeding and other offences such as tailgating and running amber lights. Of course the suspension would include a 500 dollar fine and a 2% insurance increase with each ticket received.
Wonder if that would slow people down and get them thinking about what they are doing?

Very good idea! :smt023
24-36 Hr Suspensions as well, you are so smart damngrumpy!
After 3 suspensions, a One year suspension and $5000 fine!
But a 2% Insurance increase per ticket is not enough, go 5% and I'll go for that! :134:
eyepop
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4453
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2006, 9:23 am

Post by eyepop »

bslider wrote:..Dont have any solutions short of more enforcement..

sorry.

that's #7,
on a list of 7.

"Based on our increase to human resources and balancing national, divisional, district and community priorities, we see the following to be our focus of attention:"

1. Reduce violent crime against persons, youth, domestic violence and assaults

2. Reduce community crime levels

3. Target organized crime

4. Target prolific offenders

5. Reduce illegal drug crimes

6. Contribute to safer youth

7. Traffic enforcement

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-36861-1-.htm
User avatar
BoB76
Guru
Posts: 7105
Joined: Nov 26th, 2007, 6:01 pm

Post by BoB76 »

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:
damngrumpy wrote:I think they should think about issuing 24 to 36 hours roadside suspensions for speeding and other offences such as tailgating and running amber lights. Of course the suspension would include a 500 dollar fine and a 2% insurance increase with each ticket received.
Wonder if that would slow people down and get them thinking about what they are doing?

Very good idea! :smt023
24-36 Hr Suspensions as well, you are so smart damngrumpy!
After 3 suspensions, a One year suspension and $5000 fine!
But a 2% Insurance increase per ticket is not enough, go 5% and I'll go for that! :134:



Are you the mayor of Rutland or who are you to be the one to set the price for fines?? The police can't even fine car thieves half the time let alone someone who is driving poorly.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 64909
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Post by Fancy »

are you talking about damngrumpy or struts?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
BoB76
Guru
Posts: 7105
Joined: Nov 26th, 2007, 6:01 pm

Post by BoB76 »

Fancy wrote:are you talking about damngrumpy or struts?


Strutts is the one who quoted is he not? Damngrumpy is the logical one who said a $500 fine not the $5000 fine.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3450
Joined: Mar 22nd, 2006, 7:02 pm

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

BoB76 wrote:Are you the mayor of Rutland or who are you to be the one to set the price for fines?? The police can't even fine car thieves half the time let alone someone who is driving poorly.

Mayor of Rutland would be good! LMAO! :123:
Actually I'd like to be the Premier of BC!
It is in my opinion that the fines should be that high to teach speeders that if they want to maintain the privilege to drive, abing by the law is the first step in responsible driving!
Using a vehicle as a deadly weapon, by excessive speeding should be a far greater fine, I am being thoughtful!
The Police just arrest car theives, the Judge determines the penalty!
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 64909
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Post by Fancy »

BoB76 wrote:
Fancy wrote:are you talking about damngrumpy or struts?


Strutts is the one who quoted is he not? Damngrumpy is the logical one who said a $500 fine not the $5000 fine.
Actually you quoted damngrumpy too.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3450
Joined: Mar 22nd, 2006, 7:02 pm

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

Okay, I'll be Mayor and damngrumpy can be Premier! :123:
User avatar
BoB76
Guru
Posts: 7105
Joined: Nov 26th, 2007, 6:01 pm

Post by BoB76 »

Fancy wrote:
BoB76 wrote:
Fancy wrote:are you talking about damngrumpy or struts?


Strutts is the one who quoted is he not? Damngrumpy is the logical one who said a $500 fine not the $5000 fine.
Actually you quoted damngrumpy too.


Actually if you read it properly I quoted Strutt's who had quoted damngrumpy in his post. I pressed the quote button on the top of the screen and since both quotes were already in Strutt's post I felt it was necessary to include damngrumpy as a quote because his quote was relevant to the conversation. Good luck trying to figure out that!! end quote
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!

Return to “Grab Bag”