Perennial Gardening Plant Swap

A potpourri of off-topics.
BriTer
Guru

Perennial Gardening Plant Swap

Post by BriTer »

This is an idea that was suggested to me by Evie, a gardening enthusiast and fellow forum member.

It is close to that time when perennials have to be divided and perhaps you just don't have space for it or maybe you would like to increase your collection. Quite possibly someone has what you would like, you might have something another gardener would like. A great opportunity to fill in that empty spot you've been eyeing lately!

What do you think???

Supply a pic if you can with height/colour information of the plants/flowers that you have to trade.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

What a super idea! I dont think my plants would airmail to well though. :smt009 Actually, come to think of it, now as I look my window with the snow melting, I dont think there are any plants. I need help.

~D
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:What a super idea! I dont think my plants would airmail to well though. :smt009 Actually, come to think of it, now as I look my window with the snow melting, I dont think there are any plants. I need help.

~D

You probably have several varieties of native plants that others might like. Maybe not in your yard, so go say hi to the neighbors heehee
This time of year mailing plants isn't a concern, it would be root systems, bulbs, seeds etc.

Just did a quick check on plants native to Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia: 1,030

They don't have to be native, maybe you have something available there that isn't readily available here. Nice if more people from outside of B.C. got involved in this.

Return to “Grab Bag”