***Cat*** please help

A potpourri of off-topics.
savevinnie

***Cat*** please help

Post by savevinnie »

I am unable to stop crying, please help...

A couple years ago my sweetheart and I moved in together. My 21 year old son has been taking care of and loving Vinnie, our cat, ever since. Unfortunately my son's accommodations have changed due to his roommate moving away for school. Vinnie is no longer able to stay him and my boyfriend has severe allergies or we would take him immediately.

I have exhausted all of our options trying to find him a loving home. With incredible sadness, I had to drop my precious friend Vinnie off at the SPCA today. They have advised me that they will try and find him a home, but I know adoption is unlikely as he is no longer a kitten. They said that Vinnie only has 4 days before they put him to sleep. If I can, I will try to prolong his stay at the SPCA by means of payment for his room & board and anything else I can offer them.

Vinnie is house-broken, neutered and is probably the nicest cat you will ever meet. He might be shy at first, but once he gets to know you he is talkative and expressive. He loves affection, and will head-butt you at all opportunities, right before rolling around in front of you. If you adopt Vinnie, he will reward you with purrs, unconditional love, affection and cuddles.

I will pay all adoption fees etc to get him out of the SPCA jail he is in. Even if you can offer him a temporary home - while I continue to look for a permanent one.

Time is running out for this precious animal. Please help me save Vinnie.

I can be reached by PM.

PS: To see a photo of Vinnie... I have also added this post to "Pets Cats & Accessories" and to "Free Items" in the classified section (when they activate it) and also attempted to add one here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: *** Death-Row Cat *** please help

Post by gardengirl »

The Kelowna SPCA DOES NOT euthanize healthy cats whether they are adults or not.
If you had ever been there, you would see that there are lots of adult cats there.

Note: If they do now euthanize cats, this is a new policy.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Roo
Guru

Post by Roo »

The Kelowna SPCA's policy is to euthanize terminally ill cats and then only on the recommendation of a vet. The girl at the SPCA remembers you bringing in Vinnie and she told you he would be put in the holding room for 4 days in case someone claimed him. After that he'd go into the communal room for adoption. They just had a cat adopted who had been there since May 2006 so rest assured that Vinnie will find a good home.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Thanks for the clarification Roo. That post did not sound right.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

gardengirl wrote:The Kelowna SPCA DOES NOT euthanize healthy cats whether they are adults or not.
If you had ever been there, you would see that there are lots of adult cats there.

Note: If they do now euthanize cats, this is a new policy.

ferri was saying she thought SPCA had a 'no kill' policy. Thanks, and thanks to Roo for looking into this.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
SaraChantell

Post by SaraChantell »

SaveVinnie, please check your PM's :)
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Roo wrote:The Kelowna SPCA's policy is to euthanize terminally ill cats and then only on the recommendation of a vet. The girl at the SPCA remembers you bringing in Vinnie and she told you he would be put in the holding room for 4 days in case someone claimed him. After that he'd go into the communal room for adoption. They just had a cat adopted who had been there since May 2006 so rest assured that Vinnie will find a good home.

That poor cat. I would have adopted that one just because of that factor. being there for 2 years is too long for a cat.

I wish I could take it but Kelowna/Westbank is a no Pet zone.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
savevinnie

Post by savevinnie »

Hi there... WRONG INFORMATION.

I was so emotional yesterday that I misunderstood the lady when she said they would keep Vinnie for 4 days... I just spoke with the lady at the shelter and she assured me that they do not euthenize cats and that they try to find every animal a good home. She also told me that they have received calls regarding this post and the similar classified ads I put up. Sorry for the confusion. I was a mess yesterday (still am a bit).

I would edit "death row cat and the other references I made but the topic is locked so I cannot edit it anymore.

Please accept my sincere apologies to everyone here as well as the people at the SPCA.

Thanks everyone for your support here and the calls I received. Will keep you all posted on Vinnie. Fingers crossed.
dcipher
Übergod

Re: ***Cat*** please help

Post by dcipher »

You should have your bf spend 2 min. with the cat every day. Then very slowly increase time. I know people who have been incredibly allergic to cats who actually completely and totally adjusted to them over the course of several weeks. One fellow adopted a stray and at first couldn't be anywhere near him, after a couple months in the house, he couldnt' believe he had ever been allergic. A painful process for you bf? Yes. Less painful than what your cat will go through being seperated from the only family and home he has ever known to go to cat jail with strangers(even though the spca does it's best)? Yes. What you are about to do is really tragic, if you love your cat, you should try this!

Return to “Grab Bag”