Bottle Drives??

A potpourri of off-topics.
Workinghard

Bottle Drives??

Post by Workinghard »

Does anyone know of any local community groups holding a bottle drive? We have a year's worth of water bottles and pop cans we would like to donate.
BriTer
Guru

Re: Bottle Drives??

Post by BriTer »

Workinghard wrote:Does anyone know of any local community groups holding a bottle drive? We have a year's worth of water bottles and pop cans we would like to donate.

If you don't find a drive you can always check with a favorite group that accepts donations, something like The Women's Shelter Thift Store, The Salvation Army, whatever. I'm sure they would be more than happy to pick up that amount of empties.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Our Sea cadet/Navy League cadet organization is always willing to accept donations if you'd like to donate to this cause I can make arrangements to have your bottles picked up
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

Two little girls were around collecting bottles today for a school project, something to do with the hospital I think it was.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Hi there.

I know a boy who is collecting bottles to save for a trip to Japan for school.
That is the only way he can go.
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

Workinghard wrote:Does anyone know of any local community groups holding a bottle drive? We have a year's worth of water bottles and pop cans we would like to donate.

Bankhead Elementary School is trying to raise money for a new playground. The PAC has to raise 25, 000 for the school's portion. I'm sure someone from the PAC would come and pick them up even. The school's number is 763-2603. They would be most grateful, if you choose to go that route.
It's a great offer.
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by tawnylee »

Last week my husband took all of our bottles downtown and asked at the gospel mission if anybody wanted them. We got rid of 10 garbage bags full in less than one minute.
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe

Return to “Grab Bag”