I.D found

A potpourri of off-topics.
Anthony12321

I.D found

Post by Anthony12321 »

I.D, drivers liscense, bank card, social insurance number, etc found.
Everything is in German, and we feel that if they were on a trip they may not be able to get back.
Pm to identify your name on everything so we know it is yours, and so we can return it. Thank you
*personal information removed/Jo*
Ignorance is blinding, live open minded. And before you tell someone they are wrong, look into it first.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: I.D found

Post by Piecemaker »

Perhaps, if you haven't already, you should let the RCMP know.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Anthony12321

Post by Anthony12321 »

Yeah the only problem is though is that we believe my brother stole it from the guy, so we want to ask him personally how he lost it.
But don't worrie we are going to take it to the police, we just thought we would post on here just incase they didn't think of checking at the police station.
Ignorance is blinding, live open minded. And before you tell someone they are wrong, look into it first.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Anthony12321 wrote:Yeah the only problem is though is that we believe my brother stole it from the guy, so we want to ask him personally how he lost it.
But don't worrie we are going to take it to the police, we just thought we would post on here just incase they didn't think of checking at the police station.

Surely you jest?????

Do you seriously believe that a German tourist in Kelowna is going to look at Castanet to see if someone found his ID??? The first thing they would do is go to the police!!!!!!

Quit stalling - put this visitor to our country out of his panic and misery and call the cops - and let the chips fall where they should for your brother IF he stole it.

Put yourself in this tourist's place - how would you feel in a strange country with no identification and no money????

Get real, kiddo! Do the right thing.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

REALLY!?! :ohmygod: Just drop it at the RCMP. It's definately the least you can do!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Methinks somebody is hoping to get a cash reward for "finding" this tourist's wallet ... which he would not get if he took it to the police.

Some people are a waste of skin.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Reward? Wouldn't the best reward be the satisfaction of knowing that an innocent tourist would have his important documentation back? Several years ago, my mom and I found a wallet in the middle of the highway, picked it up, went home and contacted the police who then came to our home to retrieve the wallet and get details. A day or so later, the police put us in touch with the owner of the wallet who then gave us a generous gift out of gratitude.

Taking it to the Police is always the best choice.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Return to “Grab Bag”