Where in Kelowna can young teens make new friends ?

A potpourri of off-topics.
Mol

Where in Kelowna can young teens make new friends ?

Post by Mol »

Anyone know where kids can hang out and meet new friends? Other than church youth groups, are there any fun places that teens 15/16 age group can go to ? I would appreciate any feed back.
Thanks
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Where in Kelowna can young teens make new friends ?

Post by kgcayenne »

The Boardwalk... no, wait, it closed for development.

White Waters... no, wait, it closed for development.

Wild'n'wet... no, wait, it closed for development.

I dunno... the Mall maybe?

In all reality though. Try going to the different school sports tournaments as a spectator, your kids will be bound to meet others there.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
tallcrest

Post by tallcrest »

high school or community sports teams - great way to build friendships, stay healthy, etc.

If not into sports, high school drama clubs and lastly, this may not be the most popular of choices, but getting a job where other kids the same age are working. Ie: a first time job at mcdonalds or retail store in the mall just for example. Kid meets others roughly the same age, earns money, establishes a good work ethic, stays outta trouble. Highly recommend if they have any interest at all then sports is the way to go be it a fun house league or a rep team. Further to that, the YMCA has fantastic programs for youths. That's something to look into for sure!

Just a few ideas...good luck!!
amomof2dogs
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by amomof2dogs »

Find an active Scout group. My 3 teens (13 to 17) both boys and a girl are involved in the Black Mountain-Ellison-Rutland (BEAR) Scout troop and Venturer company. They have made good friends with other great kids and they are all learning some valuable skills and life lessons along the way. Over all a great bunch of kids.
I think, therefore we are different.
new in town
Übergod

Post by new in town »

Mol wrote:Anyone know where kids can hang out and meet new friends? Other than church youth groups, are there any fun places that teens 15/16 age group can go to ? I would appreciate any feed back.
Thanks

Buy them a mountain bicycle, send them down to the local dirt jumps. More friends than they can handle and an active lifestyle too.
"War is the total failure of the human spirit" - Robert Fisk
peacelover
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by peacelover »

If you are new to Kelowna. Welcome! There is a great Fast Frisbee League that kids are having fun with and I know they could use some more players, especially girls. If your teens are interested in that I will get the informaion for you today and post it later. In the summer, there is a Volleyball league that plays at Gyro Beach, I think the sign up for that league is at Parkinson Rec Centre.
OffRoad
Übergod

Post by OffRoad »

Neverforget

Post by Neverforget »

Ben lee.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

PCBang

Return to “Grab Bag”