Light in the Sky over Kelowna

A potpourri of off-topics.
Wallybanger
Fledgling

Re: Light in the Sky over Kelowna

Post by Wallybanger »

winfieldian wrote:Hello I also saw a very bright white light about the size of the moon on Monday night the 19th. I was in my car on my way back to Kelowna from Kamloops. I was just outside of Kamloops maybe 5 minutes away from the rest stop. Also it was ten minutes after ten. It came out of nowhere went across my whole windshield left to right in a matter of seconds. I have no clue as to what it was. I checked everything in my car and I couldn't recreate the ball of light on my windshield, as if it was created by me by mistake. After this happend I quickly got out of my car and shut it off. I looked south in the direction it went, but to no avail I couldn't see any orbs of light. If anyone else knows what this might be please feel free to let us know. I bet it's not the greys, but I am a little curious as to what it was.

Thank you all for reading this, and have a great day.

My roommate said one of the guys he works with also saw it. He'll be quite interested to read your post!
brokun_windoz wrote:You should give the White Lake observatory a call and tell them what you saw. Their number is 250-493-2277.

Not a bad Idea. Thanks.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free.
-Johann von Goethe
babybunnies
Fledgling

Post by babybunnies »

It's pretty late so I can't phone them.

Isn't the function of an observatory to be up all night looking at the stars?

If it was the size of the moon and as bright as the moon ..... maybe it was .... the moon ?

Maybe the moon was holding still and YOU were moving very fast :dyinglaughing:
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

cullbabybunnies wrote: Isn't the function of an observatory to be up all night looking at the stars?

The Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory is a facility for observing and studying radio waves from space, so...no.

* The radio waves we observe are unaffected by daylight or cloudy weather, so we can observe every day, throughout the year.

Can We Look Through the Telescopes?

* No, because our eyes cannot see radio waves. The information from the telescopes is processed through special electronics and the final images are generated using computers.

http://www.drao-ofr.hia-iha.nrc-cnrc.gc ... treach.htm

Post by Divor »

E.T. phone home
new in town
Übergod

Post by new in town »

babybunnies wrote:
It's pretty late so I can't phone them.

Isn't the function of an observatory to be up all night looking at the stars?

They went out for pizza and Cheetos. :eyeballspin:
"War is the total failure of the human spirit" - Robert Fisk
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

Hi wallybanger,
Get in touch with Mr. Brian Vike. He lives in Houston, B.C., and he is the UFO authority in B.C.
I have his email address somewhere but can't find it offhand. I'm sure if you Google his name, you will find his website. He follows up on ALL UFO sightings. From your description, it does not sound like a meteor. I'm sure he would be most interested in your sighting.
Wallybanger
Fledgling

Post by Wallybanger »

Dave_1963 wrote:Hi wallybanger,
Get in touch with Mr. Brian Vike. He lives in Houston, B.C., and he is the UFO authority in B.C.
I have his email address somewhere but can't find it offhand. I'm sure if you Google his name, you will find his website. He follows up on ALL UFO sightings. From your description, it does not sound like a meteor. I'm sure he would be most interested in your sighting.

Wasn't my siting, it was my roommates, but sounds good. Could be entertaining :D when my roommate gets back from the island I'll show him this thread.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free.
-Johann von Goethe
NancySpungen
Fledgling

Post by NancySpungen »

I saw a bright ball of light hovering in the sky a few nights ago as well. I actually had to pull over to take a good look at it. It stayed in one position for about 5 minutes and then zoomed away. I assume there is a logical explanation for it. I've never seen a "UFO" before. I doubt it was anything FROM ANOTHER PLANET, but it was strange. :ohmygod:
Last edited by NancySpungen on Jun 13th, 2008, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

NancySpungen wrote:I saw a bright ball of light hovering in the sky a few nights ago as well. I actually had to pull over to take a good look at it. It stayed in one position for about 5 minutes and then zoomed away. I assume there is a logical explanation for it. I've never seen a "UFO" or anything along those lines before. I doubt it was a UFO, but it was strange.

Well lets see..it was flying and you don't know what it was...gee it was an unidentified flying object!!! :dyinglaughing:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
NancySpungen
Fledgling

Post by NancySpungen »

Bsuds wrote:
NancySpungen wrote:I saw a bright ball of light hovering in the sky a few nights ago as well. I actually had to pull over to take a good look at it. It stayed in one position for about 5 minutes and then zoomed away. I assume there is a logical explanation for it. I've never seen a "UFO" or anything along those lines before. I doubt it was a UFO, but it was strange.

Well lets see..it was flying and you don't know what it was...gee it was an unidentified flying object!!! :dyinglaughing:

Alirght, so technically it was an unidentified flying object TO ME, but maybe not to someone in the know. I'm sure someone out there has an explanation. I would find it hard to believe that the object was "alien". I guess I should have said "it is a UFO to me personally, but I doubt it is from another planet".

Is that better Mr. Technical?

:fence:
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Well, technically, UFO does stand for Unidentified Flying Object. It does not mean spacecraft, saucer from mars or anything of the like that can be conjured up. It is an object that is apparently flying (up in the air) and the person(s) seeing it does not know what it is (hence unidentified).

If an instance of a UFO sighting turns out to be a weather balloon, then the UFO becomes identified.

Unfortunately we as a society automatically relate UFO to alien spacecraft.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

NancySpungen wrote:Is that better Mr. Technical? :fence:

Not to speak for bsuds but to me, no, not better at all. You chose sarcasm when you should have bowed down and begged for forgiveness.
NancySpungen
Fledgling

Post by NancySpungen »

writerdave wrote:Well, technically, UFO does stand for Unidentified Flying Object. It does not mean spacecraft, saucer from mars or anything of the like that can be conjured up. It is an object that is apparently flying (up in the air) and the person(s) seeing it does not know what it is (hence unidentified).

If an instance of a UFO sighting turns out to be a weather balloon, then the UFO becomes identified.

Unfortunately we as a society automatically relate UFO to alien spacecraft.

Yes, this is true and I am aware of this fact. As I said earlier, it was unidentified to me. I corrected my original post to be more technically correct.
NancySpungen
Fledgling

Post by NancySpungen »

onestop67 wrote:
NancySpungen wrote:Is that better Mr. Technical? :fence:

Not to speak for bsuds but to me, no, not better at all. You chose sarcasm when you should have bowed down and begged for forgiveness.

Naaa, I bow down to nobody. Except maybe Sid. :hailjo:

(sorry for calling you Mr. Technical Bsuds, but your little avatar was laughing at me and I wanted to swat it with a fly swatter, or should that be "a rubber spatula like device with holes in it to increase it's air speed, often used to swat not just flies, but insects of all varieties".) :runforlife:

Just teasing you. Cheers! :130:
Last edited by NancySpungen on Jun 13th, 2008, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

That's a pretty Vicious thing to say!

Return to “Grab Bag”