Light in the Sky over Kelowna

A potpourri of off-topics.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Light in the Sky over Kelowna

Post by ferri »

welcome to the forum NancySpungen, these guys aren't as bad as they think they are. :D (they pick on everyone!)

i don't know if this would help any, but you could check http://www.heavens-above.com and see if there was anything going over that night.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

ferri wrote:these guys aren't as bad as they think they are

I resemble that remark.
NancySpungen
Fledgling

Post by NancySpungen »

onestop67 wrote:That's a pretty Vicious thing to say!

Wow you are a real JOHNNY on the spot! :sunshine:
NancySpungen
Fledgling

Post by NancySpungen »

ferri wrote:welcome to the forum NancySpungen, these guys aren't as bad as they think they are. :D (they pick on everyone!)

i don't know if this would help any, but you could check http://www.heavens-above.com and see if there was anything going over that night.

I know it's all in good fun! I like a little sarcasm and poking fun.

Thanks for the link.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

NancySpungen wrote:

You don't know the half of it.... :skippingsheep:
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
NancySpungen
Fledgling

Post by NancySpungen »

Triple 6 wrote:
NancySpungen wrote:

You don't know the half of it.... :skippingsheep:

I'm sure you are right.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

No harm, no foul, was meant as a joke hence the little laughing emoticon man. He wasn't laughing at you but at my comment!

I would lean towards there being other intelligent life out there rather than not sooo if you see another try and get pictures!
Never argue with a fool as those watching might not be able to tell the difference.
Mark Twain
Mol

Post by Mol »

writerdave wrote:Well, technically, UFO does stand for Unidentified Flying Object. It does not mean spacecraft, saucer from mars or anything of the like that can be conjured up. It is an object that is apparently flying (up in the air) and the person(s) seeing it does not know what it is (hence unidentified).

If an instance of a UFO sighting turns out to be a weather balloon, then the UFO becomes identified.

Unfortunately we as a society automatically relate UFO to alien spacecraft.

So what can it be ? I saw two almost transparent 'UFO' a couple of weeks ago, there must a reason, while I always enjoyed the Xfiles, this was a first for me and my family saw it too ...Are we special ?? I reckon it must be a weather ballon or something someone is trying out ??
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Back-check the newspapers to see if it was the same night the police helicopter was out chasing the drug dealers car. It's a start anyway. I seriously doubt that weather balloons would be released near the airport for aviation safety reasons. I'm just thinking out loud.
aginger1
Board Meister

Post by aginger1 »

new in town wrote::smt059

Message from General Most Renowned Z'gar Aniiiauuuu from planet Aooo'taaal begins:

Message begins/

Earth people no worry. Aooo'taaal intergalactic tribe 00722 is currently working on renewing our cloaking device. Apology for running out of uniform subelement 00600011. Not happen again, half of engineering crew fired.

Future incidents of visible mothership not happening, all be fixed soon.

Meanwhile earthlngs go back to worrying about fake tan, poor taste jewellery and big unnatural muscle growth. Green herb there to help you sleep, not see manifested visitations of alien species.

Message ends/

:smt059

:coffeecanuck:
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

So if I flick a strange bug off my arm and I don't know what it is called, does that make the bug a UFO to? :ohmygod:

I want to see something cooooooool too!
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

That would make it a UFB, Unidentified Flicked Bug.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Mol

Post by Mol »

writerdave wrote:That would make it a UFB, Unidentified Flicked Bug.

You know, when you see something you will be going ..what was that ?? It could not be? A UFO, no way..and you will be wondering , just like I am now !! Maybe you will see something more and I will write 'did it have one eye ?' :ohmygod:
Why should we be alone... :skyisfalling:
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

:skyisfalling:

Well who knows what the truth is, but a person can't possibly claim that there is no such thing as extraterrestrials and be serious? Even the most narrow-minded person I know admits that there *could* be something out there because after all, where's the proof?

No one knows the truth except the bad people at area 51 and Will Smith.
Mol

Post by Mol »

imahoser wrote::skyisfalling:

Well who knows what the truth is, but a person can't possibly claim that there is no such thing as extraterrestrials and be serious? Even the most narrow-minded person I know admits that there *could* be something out there because after all, where's the proof?

No one knows the truth except the bad people at area 51 and Will Smith.

I guess'we' have no proof, only what we see, I know I saw something a couple of weeks ago, all jokes aside, I know it was not a weather ballon & it was strange but my whole family saw it...& there was two clear like 'things' floating over Kelowna & no they were not clouds. I cant blame some people making smart jokes but I know it was not a helicopter or a plane, it was not something I had EVER seen before, but why should we be the only ones to see it ? I Dunno !! :runforlife:

Return to “Grab Bag”