The Next G2G??

A potpourri of off-topics.
RacerChic
Generalissimo Postalot

The Next G2G??

Post by RacerChic »

When ? Where ?
I swear some people slipped into the gene pool that had no lifEguard.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: The Next G2G??

Post by Glacier »

RacerChic wrote: Jul 30th, 2008, 10:21 am When ? Where ?
I nominate Queen K to organize.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 11:00 am
RacerChic wrote: Jul 30th, 2008, 10:21 am When ? Where ?
I nominate Queen K to organize.
Proof of vaccination required or you have to sit 6 buildings away. :biggrin:
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

G2G?
For the uninformed, that is.....
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Well, there ya go :130:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 4:18 pm G2G?
I will spell it out for you: Get together
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Get together. ie. Castanet poster meet-up. I know grammafreddie used to organize a lot before she kicked the bucket.

Others were involved too, but I ignored them for a decade and came up with good excuses like Kelowna being too far, but then Queen K brought one to a restaurant near my work for lunch when I was at work and hungry, so I went once. Kinda fun really.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Glacier wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 6:13 pm
Get together. ie. Castanet poster meet-up. I know grammafreddie used to organize a lot I ignored them for a decade and came up with good excuses like them always being in Kelowna, but then Queen K brought one to a restaurant near my work for lunch when I was at work and hungry, so I went once. Kinda fun really.
Well that's a relief. At first I thought Gordon wanted to get together with me. :200:

Hmm.
Ignore it for a decade? Will I still be here?
Good excuses? They're always in Kelowna! :swear:

Of course the best excuse would be: Drive to Kelowna? In the winter? I don't have my snowies on yet.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 6:19 pm
Glacier wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 6:13 pm

Get together. ie. Castanet poster meet-up. I know grammafreddie used to organize a lot I ignored them for a decade and came up with good excuses like them always being in Kelowna, but then Queen K brought one to a restaurant near my work for lunch when I was at work and hungry, so I went once. Kinda fun really.
Well that's a relief. At first I thought Gordon wanted to get together with me. :200:

Hmm.

Of course the best excuse would be: Drive to Kelowna? In the winter? I don't have my snowies on yet.
That would never happen bb49
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

GordonH wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 6:23 pm
bb49 wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 6:19 pm

Hmm.

That would never happen bb49
sigh.jpg

#StandUpToJewishHate
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have been to a couple of them...they're all crazy so I fit right in!
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

...if we can somehow get Norma on "mushrooms" - then i'm in.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I would be down attending a GTG. By then maybe I will be in shape, better hair, new shoes, blah blah
Usually I'm not a social creature but right now I'd break bread with an enemy. Not that any of my foes are on Castanet
We can have it at Sudsy's
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Y'all going to bring traffic to a standstill as the dozens of senior citizen drivers are pilling into Denny's parking lot for a breakfast special. I'd count on at least 3 occasions where break and gas pedals will be confused causing extensive damage to the exterior of the building.

The sea of blue hair will make all their waitresses dizzy, and they'll slowly go deaf from hearing all the complaints about this city.

Since nobody is using a cell phone, you'll be passing memes to each other across the tables - memes that you've printed at home and brought along with countless photos of your grandchildren, dogs, and that blue bird you once saw by the lake.

The quiet discussions around how much Kelowna has changed and how it used to be when you were a kid will slowly turn into a constant white noise that will be inescapable for innocent bystanders. Long after they left they'll hear the faint shouting "Orchards for as long you could see!", "My dad built that house, it's now Starbucks", "The traffic here is terrible now!"
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Even Steven wrote: Dec 29th, 2021, 1:00 pm Y'all going to bring traffic to a standstill as the dozens of senior citizen drivers are pilling into Denny's parking lot for a breakfast special. I'd count on at least 3 occasions where break and gas pedals will be confused causing extensive damage to the exterior of the building.

The sea of blue hair will make all their waitresses dizzy, and they'll slowly go deaf from hearing all the complaints about this city.

Since nobody is using a cell phone, you'll be passing memes to each other across the tables - memes that you've printed at home and brought along with countless photos of your grandchildren, dogs, and that blue bird you once saw by the lake.

The quiet discussions around how much Kelowna has changed and how it used to be when you were a kid will slowly turn into a constant white noise that will be inescapable for innocent bystanders. Long after they left they'll hear the faint shouting "Orchards for as long you could see!", "My dad built that house, it's now Starbucks", "The traffic here is terrible now!"
Hahahahaha 😂😂😂

Return to “Grab Bag”