Boating Rules??

A potpourri of off-topics.
westbank07
Fledgling

Boating Rules??

Post by westbank07 »

Can someone tell me if this is wrong?? :ohmygod:
I was at a public beach park today with my kids and even though the beach and water was pretty packed, this older guy in a Zodiac type boat still managed to move in slowly with his motor running into a designated swimming area (marked by buoys) with kids either on their floaties or snorkling within 15 feet of him! He was guided by a son or someone younger on foot who helped him loaded this big 'watercraft' onto the beach. To top it off, the guy then stepped out with a beer in his hand. I was flabbergasted! I wanted to say something like 'are you sure you're allowed to do that or were you even AWARE there are kids swimming the water and do you drink and drive as WELL??!' :purefury: He joined a larger group with who were apparently drinking as well so I felt alittle outnumbered.
I wanted to phone it in but I didn't know who to call.
Is there a link on boat safety and rules that I can look up for future reference or can someone who IS 'boat safety smart' tell me?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Boating Rules??

Post by Bsuds »

No he is not allowed to do either things and you should have called the RCMP!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
westbank07
Fledgling

Post by westbank07 »

Thank Bsuds, now I really wish I did...
dandynick5
Guru

Post by dandynick5 »

Haven't found anything on Transport Canada's site, but alcohol may only be consumed on any vessel that has a permanently plumbed head and holding tank, and not a portable toilet system.
TC's website indicates that swimming buoys indicate the perimeter of a swimming area. I would think that there would be an indicated minimum distance to stay away, but I can't find one.
This signature may be a forgery.

Return to “Grab Bag”