What Made You Smile Today?

A potpourri of off-topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: What Made You Smile Today?

Post by Bsuds »

ferri wrote: May 9th, 2023, 11:40 am hahaha! It was "deodorized" but you can still catch a whiff o' skunk. Kind of like those weasley things people keep as pets that I can't think of the name of right now. You know what I mean. Those have a skunky smell too.
Ferrets?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Yes. Of course I thought of it as soon as I posted. Too much pressure...lol
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

ferri wrote: May 9th, 2023, 6:18 am They are very cuddly! A friend of mine had a skunk when I was a kid and I loved holding it. :heart:
Lucky you! I’ve not touched one but would really like to. When the adorable wild semi-tame skunks at the lake came out into full sunshine to eat peanuts, their fur actually sparkled. Very clean and no odour as no one frightened them there causing them to spray.

They are much in demand in the USA where some states allow them. You must purchase from a licensed breeder, had all their shots and descented. Idaho has a huge skunk festival annually where owners show off pure white, spotted, multi-stripe, carmel coloured beautiful skunks, win prizes, etc.

You can train them easily when compared to dogs/cats, are extremely affectionate and fun loving.

In the wild skunks rarely achieve 3 years in age, but as pets live to 10-15 years. No barking to annoy neighbours and they eat much the same as we do (omnivores).

I was pleased to find tons of youtubes featuring skunks in rehabs and as companions.

Ferrets are too skittish, never still, and they carry an odour. Yuk
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Sleeping in and waking up happy and grateful 😊
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I had something that made me smile (again) today. I have 2 hummingbird feeders out and I noticed they were getting very low so I mixed up the feed, ran out, grabbed the emptiest one, brought it in and started cleaning it. The whole time I was doing that I could hear the hummers out there chirping like they were just about to starve. There was still a feeder out with feed in it but that just wasn't right. I hurried the heck up, filled the feeder and got it back out there, grabbed the other and brought it in and the chirping frenzy started outside again. I was mumbling about getting the darn feeders clean so they didn't get sick and die for crying out loud...got it finished, filled, took it back out and a hummer was on it before I even got it hung up. Poor starving babies. lol
― Albert Einstein
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

Our adopted dog from Korea and my wife in that order. :D :D :D
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

ferri wrote: May 9th, 2023, 12:24 pm I had something that made me smile (again) today. I have 2 hummingbird feeders out and I noticed they were getting very low so I mixed up the feed, ran out, grabbed the emptiest one, brought it in and started cleaning it. The whole time I was doing that I could hear the hummers out there chirping like they were just about to starve. There was still a feeder out with feed in it but that just wasn't right. I hurried the heck up, filled the feeder and got it back out there, grabbed the other and brought it in and the chirping frenzy started outside again. I was mumbling about getting the darn feeders clean so they didn't get sick and die for crying out loud...got it finished, filled, took it back out and a hummer was on it before I even got it hung up. Poor starving babies. lol
When we lived in SE Kelowna we had so many they would feed right out of my hand as I was hanging the feeders up.

In the Spring when they arrived back in town they would hover at the living room window and let us know they were back and wanted food!

At the busy times they would eat 2 litres of food a day. :200:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Yes! They always let me know when they are back. Lil Peeping Hummers, and they go right to where I always hang the feeders. Smart little things!
― Albert Einstein
Kodidad
Übergod

Post by Kodidad »

Pictures of my new granddaughter born this morning. :admin:
MY OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING, SAME AS YOURS
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

^^^^^^^^^^
This. :D
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Kodidad wrote: May 9th, 2023, 5:17 pm Pictures of my new granddaughter born this morning. :admin:
Congrats! :130:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Kodidad wrote: May 9th, 2023, 5:17 pm Pictures of my new granddaughter born this morning. :admin:
Yeah, that's pretty hard to beat.
Congratulations.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

ferri wrote: May 9th, 2023, 12:24 pm I had something that made me smile (again) today. I have 2 hummingbird feeders out and I noticed they were getting very low so I mixed up the feed, ran out, grabbed the emptiest one, brought it in and started cleaning it. The whole time I was doing that I could hear the hummers out there chirping like they were just about to starve. There was still a feeder out with feed in it but that just wasn't right. I hurried the heck up, filled the feeder and got it back out there, grabbed the other and brought it in and the chirping frenzy started outside again. I was mumbling about getting the darn feeders clean so they didn't get sick and die for crying out loud...got it finished, filled, took it back out and a hummer was on it before I even got it hung up. Poor starving babies. lol
Oh boy, do we ever miss our hummers. We moved last year into town, no feeders, no hummers.
But before that, every year around April 23 they would arrive. A sure sign of spring.

And yes, just as you describe, they are demanding when their feeders run dry.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

ohh, a new baby and a new pupper!
I hope at least one was named Kimchi lol

Pictures, we need pictures
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

This made me snort (and choke a bit on my coffee)

from the Remember When? thread
seewood wrote: May 12th, 2023, 7:02 am ^^^^ Ahhh the station wagon. With suspension made from reconstituted marshmallows and fuel mileage similar to a main battle tank.
<snip>
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Grab Bag”