Bottles to donate, who? where?

A potpourri of off-topics.
goose

Bottles to donate, who? where?

Post by goose »

Does anyone know of any kids fundraising thing or anything requesting bottles, cans etc...... We need to donate bags of them but cannot find any info on anyone looking for some. Thanks.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: bottles to donate.....who? where?

Post by Bpeep »

The Okanagan Humane Society would gladly take them.
I can even arrange for them to be picked up.

The Okanagan Humane Society is a registered charity.
They have spayed and neutered over 10,000 since the beginning.
Their entire board of directors are unpaid, and any help they receive is volunteer.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive idiots excessively.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

I was going to say a name, but Bman has the right idea.
Please support him, as he does wonders. I am amazed at how much he helps our 4 legged friends! :)
goose

Post by goose »

I never knew the OKHS accepted bottles. I would drop them off wherever you want me to. Please pm me and let me know. I had no idea...... Thank you!!!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Bottles to donate.....who? where?

Post by Bpeep »

Pm sent, goose.
Your support is appreciated.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive idiots excessively.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I was gonna tell you about some guy who picks up bottles for kids...

But I won't.

Bman knows best. The OHS is INDEED a worthy cause ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
goose

Post by goose »

I support as many rescues as I can and I never knew OKHS accepted bottles!! Am I the only one who didn't know this? I will spread the word. I appreciate the info folks. Thank you!!
jhill

Post by jhill »

you can give them to Ed Henkel, a local man who turned this small can collecting idea into a 4 year long passion for funding African orphanages and contributing locally here in kelowna the kids Breakfast Program in the school district. I recently made this video featuring him and what he does.

https://vimeo.com/72791260
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Whenever we're in a hurry at the recycle station, I've taken my bottles to the worse off looking cyclist bottle collector dude and asked, "can you do me a favour and take these? We are in a rush...Thanks!" Was never turned down. I'm positive the guy getting them is not better off than I am.
If Putin stopped, he'd be saving Russian lives as well. Never thought the right would have a field day but June 24/2022 it is.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Just put them outside and let the faith decide who wil endlessly benefit from your 3 dollars worth of change. You can't leave such crucial life changing decisions to Castanet. Too much money involved.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

jhill wrote:you can give them to Ed Henkel, a local man who turned this small can collecting idea into a 4 year long passion for funding African orphanages and contributing locally here in kelowna the kids Breakfast Program in the school district. I recently made this video featuring him and what he does.

https://vimeo.com/72791260

Cool.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
goose

Re: Bottles to donate, who? where?

Post by goose »

Captain Awesome, thank you so much for your insight. I couldn't possibly benefit more from what you have said. Stay off these forums until you can find something useful to say. Sad. Now that I know the OKHS will use these, they will get more and more. Good all around!!
adanacs

Post by adanacs »

The Scouts, Cub Scouts and Beaver Scouts are always looking for bottles and cans.

You can PM me or look up a group on scouts.ca if you're interested in donating.
GT500

Post by GT500 »

I am with a scout group on the west side and I will gladly pick them up if you still have them.
goose

Post by goose »

Does the Scout group collect all the time? I am asking because at my work people ask me where they can take them....

Return to “Grab Bag”