Bottles to donate, who? where?

A potpourri of off-topics.
adanacs

Re: Bottles to donate, who? where?

Post by adanacs »

Our group in rutland does, just let us know and we can pick up.

We have 2 big trips we're fundraising for

1 - to send scouts and venturers to Japan in 2015
2 - to send cub scouts to seattle in June
GT500

Post by GT500 »

goose wrote:Does the Scout group collect all the time? I am asking because at my work people ask me where they can take them....

Yes we are always looking for donations. We use the money we rase for things like camps, equipment and supplies. If you would like I can pick up almost any time. Please pm me your location. :)
Marrp

Post by Marrp »

I have four bags of bottle to donate to the scouts. If you can pick up can you please contact me.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

There is going to be a - Bottle Drive For Fire Family - it will be held this Saturday October 26th. from 12 until 3:00 PM

The Columbia Bottle Depot on Dease Rd.

Dease Rd. is off Leathead Rd. in Rutland.
69cutlass
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by 69cutlass »

The spca will gladly take them aswell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

69cutlass wrote:The spca will gladly take them aswell

Did they start doing that again? The last time I tried to take some there they wouldn't take them.
I might look normal but believe me, I talk to animals and wait for them to reply.
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

The SPCA gets lots of funding through government. They have a lot of paid staff and administrators. They have 2 million dollar facility. They raise hundreds of thousands through their galas and golf tournaments and lotteries. OHS is 100% volunteer/foster driven. They need the extra money more than the SPCA and use it for a good cause. They work hard and selflessly, not for the money.
Ace Storman

Re: Bottles to donate.....who? where?

Post by Ace Storman »

Queen K wrote:Whenever we're in a hurry at the recycle station, I've taken my bottles to the worse off looking cyclist bottle collector dude and asked, "can you do me a favour and take these? We are in a rush...Thanks!" Was never turned down. I'm positive the guy getting them is not better off than I am.

So Queen K, by giving bottles, cash or any other tangible item(s),you are contributing to the problem! Don't do that. If you feel that you need to donate something, make a donation to the local food bank and that way, the bottles / cans get converted to cash and the cash is used to purchase food.

Giving bottles / cans to a street person is the same as giving them drugs and or alcohol.
Boosted632
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Boosted632 »

MalaPropina wrote:

The SPCA gets lots of funding through government. They have a lot of paid staff and administrators. They have 2 million dollar facility. They raise hundreds of thousands through their galas and golf tournaments and lotteries. OHS is 100% volunteer/foster driven. They need the extra money more than the SPCA and use it for a good cause. They work hard and selflessly, not for the money.

I would rather give to the spca last time I checked the animals were not able to raise their own money and the people that work there are mostly volunteers
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

Boosted632 wrote:I would rather give to the spca last time I checked the animals were not able to raise their own money and the people that work there are mostly volunteers

So would I.
I would rather feed the quadruped animals before enabling the biped ones for their next fix.
Bring back the LIKE button.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

There are lots of places, sadly not many know.

In the South OK in Penticton you can donate to the Hospice Society. The J & C Bottle Depot on Rosetown Rd will accept bags of cans an bottles, unsorted, for the society. There is a printer next to the door, you can print of a label indicating the proceeds of the contents is for the Hospice Society.

The depot will do the rest for you. You can even print off extra labels so you can attach a label to your next bag at home.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

That would be great, and I would use that service, but I am in Kelowna.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

At least you get a dime back now. It should make things better for the charities and worth the gas to drive to the bottle depot.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote:That would be great, and I would use that service, but I am in Kelowna.

It's available here too. Not sure about any or which charities might be using it though.
I might look normal but believe me, I talk to animals and wait for them to reply.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

it's bad enough when the Salvation Army/Value Village donation bins are scrounged through at night. I wouldn't donate to any charity that received by unattended bins.

Return to “Grab Bag”