10,000 versus 200 posts each

A potpourri of off-topics.
Hermes
Fledgling

10,000 versus 200 posts each

Post by Hermes »

I speak of Central versus North and South. Is this representative of where people live in the Okanagan? I am astounded.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: 10,000 versus 200 posts each

Post by lightspeed »

Big city versus sleepy hollows.

Maybe in the sleepy hollows, people actually talk to each other?
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Well, if you use your theory of it being representative of population, then we're also ahead provincially, nationally and globally.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Guess the North and South don't whine about every little thing.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

I think it's because people in the north and south post in Kelowna section. Much of the issues are similar.
I wonder why 10x as many people post in Kelowna classifieds but it doesn't have 10x the population? I think maybe people in North and south post in Kelowna section.
Maybe because north and south people drive to Kelowna but Kelowna people won't drive north or south to buy something?
Hermes
Fledgling

Post by Hermes »

jasond_71 wrote:I think it's because people in the north and south post in Kelowna section. Much of the issues are similar.
I wonder why 10x as many people post in Kelowna classifieds but it doesn't have 10x the population? I think maybe people in North and south post in Kelowna section.
Maybe because north and south people drive to Kelowna but Kelowna people won't drive north or south to buy something?

I never thought of that. I do notice that the subjects that elicit a lot of discussion are politics and money. I didn't realize Castanet was business oriented. So, maybe you are spot on. Or it is self-fulfilling. I don't want to post in South because so few will read it in order to be able to reply.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's kinda like how no one in New York can find Kelowna on the map, but everyone in Kelowna can find New York on the map. The bigger you are, the less you know about the small places, but the smaller places know about you. Or how everyone in Cherryville knows the streets of Kelowna, but people in Kelowna don't even know the difference between Cherryville and Cherry Creek.

The irony here is that small towns have a reputation for not knowing anything about the outside world when in fact, it's the big cities that know nothing about the outside world. I used to live in a small town of 150 people. Most people had at one time lived in big cities, but most people in big cities don't have a clue what it's like living in a town of 15,000 people let alone 150.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Glacier wrote:It's kinda like how no one in New York can find Kelowna on the map, but everyone in Kelowna can find New York on the map. The bigger you are, the less you know about the small places, but the smaller places know about you. Or how everyone in Cherryville knows the streets of Kelowna, but people in Kelowna don't even know the difference between Cherryville and Cherry Creek.

The irony here is that small towns have a reputation for not knowing anything about the outside world when in fact, it's the big cities that know nothing about the outside world. I used to live in a small town of 150 people. Most people had at one time lived in big cities, but most people in big cities don't have a clue what it's like living in a town of 15,000 people let alone 150.

That is a great comparison and analogy. That's why Canadians know more about America, than Americans know about Canada.

Therefore; The bigger you are, the less you know.
Bring back the LIKE button.
mattinkelowna
Fledgling

Post by mattinkelowna »

alanjh595 wrote:
That is a great comparison and analogy. That's why Canadians know more about America, than Americans know about Canada.

Therefore; The bigger you are, the less you know.

Moral of the story: Eat healthy :biggrin:

Return to “Grab Bag”