THANK YOU first responders for saving my Dad

A potpourri of off-topics.
Mreyn

THANK YOU first responders for saving my Dad

Post by Mreyn »

I find it very hard to even put into words how grateful I'am to the first responders who saved my Dad who was badly hurt yesterday around 2:30 pm on the Westside.
My older Dad was working in a large house under construction with nobody else around when he was knocked to the ground hitting his head. Laying in a pool of his blood and unable to get up he managed to call my Mom who called 911 who had to describe how to get to the house without knowing the address. The first responders found him and stabilized him and got him onto a back board. He was transported to the hospital and Im happy to say he is home now. He suffered cracked ribs, a gash on his head and other bumps and bruises but fingers crossed he will heal in time and be back to the "Superdad" I call him.
While my Mom and I were at the hospital at his bedside and he was in a lot of pain he just talked about how amazing the first responders were. So on behalf of my Dad, myself and my whole family I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You (first responders) are all AMAZING people for not just what you did yesterday but for what you do day in and day out to help people. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: THANK YOU first responders for saving my Dad

Post by Queen K »

Wow! What a positive and uplifting post.

So wonderful that your dad got immediate rescuing and care and attention in a World where so much goes wrong so fast.

I'm seeing an underlying message in all this, the importance of having a charged cell phone on one's person. We never know when or if anything goes wrong. The cell phone has become the new indispensible in my opinion and a story like this only reinforces that message.

:130: May your dad do well in his recovery. :topic:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

Nice post, Myern -- thanks for sharing... I'm glad to hear your dad's ok. I'll bet the first responders feel good about stories like this, too. So many of their daily activities don't end so well.... :up:
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

First Responders are amazing people.
Many of us never realize our purpose.
They certainly have one, and know it well.
Takes a very unique and valuable person to fill that role.
They deserve MUCH better pay, with MUCH better working standards than they get.
They give their life to their careers.
After serving, they are NEVER the same. They NEVER fully recover from the inevitable PTSD.
How many of us willingly, intentionally give of ourselves to that extent?
Not many.
They are heroes.

I hope for a speedy recovery for Superdad. Thanks for sharing your story as well as prompting some appreciation from those of us that share your high regard.

Return to “Grab Bag”