Beer question!

A potpourri of off-topics.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Beer question!

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

What is a fine tasting beer that is sold in the Okanagan? Preferably Kelowna. :130:
Graham Adder
Guru

Re: Beer question!

Post by Graham Adder »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:What is a fine tasting beer that is sold in the Okanagan? Preferably Kelowna. :130:

Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale.
Brewed in the same time honored tradition in the same brewery since 1820.
Using only the finest barley and hops, wet with the purest and best tasting water in all the land.
As Alexander Keith himself would have wanted, his namesake is still brewed by craftsmen, that believe that great things come to those who wait and they express this in their passion for taking the time to do it right.
The only suds that can be enjoyed to the fullest appreciation for the quality and craft put into each vat whether served at a chilly -3, or harboring the very warmth that makes the east coast tradition of sharing, something to be enjoyed at a warm room temperature.
Don your clods, grab a fiddle and start peeling your labels, you :cuss: wallflowers!
Dance!
Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale.
Worth a jig.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

OK springs pale ale and 1516.

But you had me at beer haha
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I like Cutthroat myself from Tree..
But lately I have tried Short Wave from Phillips...its pretty good, and I think has one of the very best labels I have seen in a long time..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

If you're looking for something made local (relatively anyways) I've had some great beer from Sun Peaks Brew Pub. The only place I've seen in Kelown is the liquor store at KLO and Bevoulin in their small beer fridge.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

If you can find it recommend

Hoyne's Dark Matter
Phillips Blue Buck
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Steamworks Brewing Co. – Signature Pale Ale
Deschutes Brewery - Obsidian Stout

Both are available at Cask & Barrel on the Westside in the same building as Fabricland.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Bad Tattoo brewery in Penticton puts out a fine sipper. They have a variety pack at the liquor store that'll allow you to try their various brews.

http://www.badtattoobrewing.com/beer/
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I'm not a big drinker or beer connoisseur, but if I have to buy beer I usually go with this brand:

They don't sell it by the case, usually it's in the singles fridge. But it tastes good!
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

2nd for bad tattoo in Penticton. For Kelowna, BNA makes great stuff - blood oragnge magik isa for one. There's some of their stuff in stores, but more selection with growler fills.

I also really like Yellow Dog's stuff out of Port Moody. Their IPAs and the pale are awesome.

Other faves outside the valley are:
Hoyne (I like devils dream)
Driftwood
Powell Street
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:What is a fine tasting beer that is sold in the Okanagan? Preferably Kelowna. :130:

It depends on what you like in a beer. My best friend is a connoisseur of craft beers, but she can't stand IPA's - too bitter. She likes Heffewiesen, maybe a chocolate stout. She likes Tin Whistle (Penticton).

I have never liked beer, could never aquire a taste for it. However, I could (and did!) drink an entire can of Tree Brewers' Grapefruit Radler. Only one I'd have more that one sip of.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Radler's are great - so refreshing. Richards makes a good one too.

Speaking of refreshing, anyone know of a craft brewery made light beer? Have a feeling they consider it sacrilege to make one because having a hard time finding one. Would be nice on a hot day to have a light beer with some flavour.

Seems like an "un-tapped" market to me. :D
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

BNA in Kelowna makes an ISA that's 4%. Blood Sugar Magik or something like that. Its made with blood oranges so its got that kind of flavour.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Backhand of God- Crannog brewing from sorrento
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

slootman wrote:BNA in Kelowna makes an ISA that's 4%. Blood Sugar Magik or something like that. Its made with blood oranges so its got that kind of flavour.

Sounds good. BNA itself looks worth a visit.

Return to “Grab Bag”