The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

A potpourri of off-topics.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

Post by Lady tehMa »

ferri wrote:LOL I went out as soon as it was light and shoveled snow. I couldn't figure out why my feet weren't thawing out. It might have had something to do with my blasted socks being SOAKING WET! [icon_lol2.gif]

:laugh:

I was smart enough to thow on my boots, but I was out there in my housecoat and forgot my gloves
I haven't failed until I quit.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

To everyone who's birth date is February 29th, have yourself an incredible day tomorrow.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :birthday2:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

This morning I was out enjoying the fresh air and noticed something funny in the grass on the lawn, so I walked over and it was one of these little guys:

hummingbird-hawk-moth.png

He was tangled up in the grass, so I wiggled my fingers under him and very carefully moved him out of it, then held him in the sun. He stated flapping his wings like crazy to get the raindrops off and had his cold little belly on my hand. :D He sat there warming up and drying off for probably 10 minutes then finally flew away. Then around 1 this afternoon I was outside and something went zipping past my face, I looked and I'm pretty sure it was him. lol He was over on the sweet william, i went over and talked to him and offered my hand, he didn't land on it, but he moved closer to me. He kept eating then ZIP past my face again. I think I have a new friend. :heart:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

What a neat experience, ferri!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

It was! I've loved those little guys, I was pretty happy I got to hold one. :D
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I got a new mouse and it zips around the page so fast I almost fall out of my chair! My old mouse was so worn out that I couldn't copy/paste anymore and something was sticking on it and causing problems with the keyboard. I'm so much happier today. hahaha
― Albert Einstein
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Yeah, the right tools make all the difference. I was given a mechannical keyboard for Christmas a few years ago and typing is amazing :130:
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

The old mouse was causing problems with the "E" and the "O". I had to hold them down for about 10 seconds before it would actually type. lol It sure did slow me down, especially if I had to type *removed* hahaha It's good that no one could hear what I muttered under my breath. :)
― Albert Einstein
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

ferri wrote:The old mouse was causing problems with the "E" and the "O". I had to hold them down for about 10 seconds before it would actually type. lol It sure did slow me down, especially if I had to type *removed* hahaha It's good that no one could hear what I muttered under my breath. :)

Oh, I don't know about that. I imagine some on the board would get a certain vicarious pleasure from it [icon_lol2.gif]
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I learned most of it from them! hahaha
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Happy Canada Day everyone :130: :birthday2:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

:130:
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

I genuinely and sincerely hope everyone takes the time today to look back and see what has made this country one of the best places to live in the world. I remember a time when you could travel anywhere in the world with a Canadian flag on your luggage and be respected.

Look at the stats, in the 60's 30% of our population were immigrants, and look in between then and now, and what the projections are.

Remember, if you are that old, before social media, how we took care of each other, our neighbours, and how we gathered to celebrate our differences, regardless of colour, political or economic status and even history melted away because we were a place to encourage new starts, love and freedom.

I know it's an American saying, but the similarities are becoming eerie: United we stand, divided we fall.

O Canada!
Our home and native land
True patriot love
In all our sons command
With glowing hearts
We see thee rise
The True North, strong and free
From far and wide
O Canada
We stand on guard for thee
God keep our land
Glorious and free
O Canada we stand on guard for thee!
O Canada we stand on guard for thee!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Happy Canada Day to all. Thanks for the reminder Zookeeper, I hope where you are it's warmer than 16C.

May it be a good day for all.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

No, it's cool today. Lots of changes QK, I'm elsewhere now.

Return to “Grab Bag”