Lord of the Board

Re: The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

Post by just popping in »

Nice treasures.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jul 7th, 2022, 8:39 am Very cool, bb49 - I dare say this should have its own thread - vintage/antique items are of interest to me :)
Your wish is my command. I always listen to Ladies. :biggrin:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=91617
I_am_a_Canadian (with unacceptable views)

"I reject a society where every desire becomes a right. Where I have no responsibilities, I have only rights."
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

bb49 wrote: Jul 7th, 2022, 8:08 pm
Lady tehMa wrote: Jul 7th, 2022, 8:39 am Very cool, bb49 - I dare say this should have its own thread - vintage/antique items are of interest to me :)
Your wish is my command. I always listen to Ladies. :biggrin:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=91617
:biggrin: :up:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Is anyone else feeling a little stunned that we are into August already? :200:
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

It's amazing how fast summer goes by! I keep looking at my sunflowers and telling them to hurry up! lol
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
The_quiet_one
Übergod

Post by The_quiet_one »

Yes. I’m a little shocked 😳
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

Lady tehMa wrote: Aug 3rd, 2022, 7:56 am Is anyone else feeling a little stunned that we are into August already? :200:
I believe not having a garden for the first time ever has allowed me to be a bit immune to the changes in the summer season.

Other than changing a couple of calendars, being in a new home is keeping these changes in the season at bay.

Don't swear at me please, but I'm actually looking forward to winter. No snow to shovel, covered underground parking. :up:

"I reject a society where every desire becomes a right. Where I have no responsibilities, I have only rights."
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catsumi »

L
Last edited by Catsumi on Aug 3rd, 2022, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

Catsumi wrote: Aug 3rd, 2022, 10:25 pm
bb49 wrote: Aug 3rd, 2022, 3:36 pm
I believe not having a garden for the first time ever has allowed me to be a bit immune to the changes in the summer season.

Other than changing a couple of calendars, being in a new home is keeping these changes in the season at bay.

Don't swear at me please, but I'm actually looking forward to winter. No snow to shovel, covered underground parking. :up:
Last winter was a first for me..no shovelling at all

Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

If I were in your shoes, I'd be looking forward to that, too! I don't mind shovelling, so long as it isn't ridiculously cold.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

Lady tehMa wrote: Aug 4th, 2022, 2:14 pm

If I were in your shoes, I'd be looking forward to that, too! I don't mind shovelling, so long as it isn't ridiculously cold.
I did keep one snow shovel. Not sure why, nostalgic?

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

bb49 wrote: Aug 4th, 2022, 3:05 pm I did keep one snow shovel. Not sure why, nostalgic?
Doggie poop scoop?
Hafa adai
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

bb49 wrote: Aug 4th, 2022, 3:05 pm
Deep-seated paranoia?

It would take me a while to depend on others for snow removal . . . trust is earned. :admin:
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

After reading this, when will the governments start putting the "warning labels" on alcohol.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/378793 ... ine#378793

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/alcohol- ... -1.6304816

Never.... too much tax collected.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

bb49 wrote: Aug 4th, 2022, 3:05 pm
Lady tehMa wrote: Aug 4th, 2022, 2:14 pm

Corner unit with balcony, right? Depending on Mother Nature's mood when it comes to which direction the snow will be blowing, you might thank the stars you kept a shovel.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Grab Bag”