The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

A potpourri of off-topics.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Re: The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

Post by Troy »

Lady tehMa wrote: Mar 8th, 2023, 8:57 am I bet that would be an excellent spot for star-gazing. Where is that?
That photo comes from our webcam, showing Skaha Lake from Barefoot Beach Resort in Penticton.
https://www.castanet.net/scenic-web-cams/camera/182/
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Troy wrote: Mar 8th, 2023, 10:08 am
Lady tehMa wrote: Mar 8th, 2023, 8:57 am I bet that would be an excellent spot for star-gazing. Where is that?
That photo comes from our webcam, showing Skaha Lake from Barefoot Beach Resort in Penticton.
https://www.castanet.net/scenic-web-cams/camera/182/
Thanks Troy, that's pretty neat :)
I haven't failed until I quit.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

That's one of my favorite cams. Even right now it's beautiful. I always kind of sniffle when the ice skating rink closes for year because that's another favorite.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Our chihuahua has cancer. He's 14 years old and has been such a great companion. The way I was raised, when your pet is dying you put them down yourself. I don't know if I have the heart though so maybe I'll have to let the vet do it for me.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Glacier wrote: Mar 8th, 2023, 1:08 pm Our chihuahua has cancer. He's 14 years old and has been such a great companion. The way I was raised, when your pet is dying you put them down yourself. I don't know if I have the heart though so maybe I'll have to let the vet do it for me.
I’ve been with every pet but at the vets. I want them to know I’m there and see the love in their eyes until their dying breath. Sorry for your pet. It’s tough.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Glacier wrote: Mar 8th, 2023, 1:08 pm Our chihuahua has cancer. He's 14 years old and has been such a great companion. The way I was raised, when your pet is dying you put them down yourself. I don't know if I have the heart though so maybe I'll have to let the vet do it for me.
I’m so very, very sorry
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

So very sad and a difficult task to do yourself. :cry:
The vet's are very compassionate.
Stay with him so he knows how much you love him and he isn't alone.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

That is so sad . . .

:(
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Take him to the vet. They are experienced and compassionate.
Put him on your lap, hold him and have someone else drive. Dont put him in a pet carrier.

I put one pet down and regret it to this day.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I was a hobby farmer and I "put down" 100 chickens in 1 night. I then had to gut, pluck, and dismember everyone of them.
I personally shot, 2 pigs, cut their throats before loading them into a truck and then hung and gutted them. .

This is just a small portion of the animals that I have had to kill.
I once ran over my neighbour's dog in my driveway, one of my dogs got hit by the mail truck, one dog died of old age on the kitchen floor in the middle of the night.

I have had to pick up dead chickens from the coop floor in the morning when I went out to feed the flock. When I raised hens from day-olds, I had to pick-up dead ones every morning.

The pigs were pets, their names were "Porkchop" and "Hamton". My kid named them......

They were the best tasting swine that I have ever eaten.

The FACT is that there is this thing called "the circle of life". Everything has an expected life expectancy and purpose.

I am soooo sorry that someone has to become so attached to an animal that they can not end it's life with dignity and end it's pain.

I hope that my legal advocate does what I wanted for me when my time comes.

Harsh words and sentiments for many, I am sure.....such is life.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Some days it is hard to stay focused on what needs doing.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Stay focused, procrastinate.
660yu7.jpg
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Movie done in Okanagan, so I watched the trailer and noticed the bug used is a Stink bug... burst out laughing.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... this-month
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

And the award for the dumbest tattoos goes to this guy who was wanted by the police.
https://www.cp24.com/news/man-wanted-on ... -1.6316416
image.jpg
What surprised me is that it took a month before someone recognized him.

#StandUpToJewishHate
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

^^^ Ha, you would have thought he would be spotted in 20 mins
Personally I am not a fan of facial ink
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Grab Bag”