The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

A potpourri of off-topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

Post by Bsuds »

seewood wrote: Apr 29th, 2023, 5:27 pm
When a reporter mentions a " dead body" - really ? no s :cuss: sherlock... Body will work just fine.
Or just a corpse.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Cadaver? Remains? If one wants to use slang; stiff. Carcass would not indicate human or otherwise.
I haven't failed until I quit.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Congratulations to Peachland on receiving $$$ for upgrades to Turner Field from Blue Jays.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Peachland ... hland-park
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I haven't been paying much attention to sports (never do) - is something going on with the Jays? I have seen a few memes and was wondering . . . :135:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 9:14 am I haven't been paying much attention to sports (never do) - is something going on with the Jays? I have seen a few memes and was wondering . . . :135:
I don't know, but I know that the Maple Leafs have made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the first time in 19 years. A true miracle. And people say there is not God. Well, explain that miracle!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Glacier wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 12:55 pm
Lady tehMa wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 9:14 am I haven't been paying much attention to sports (never do) - is something going on with the Jays? I have seen a few memes and was wondering . . . :135:
I don't know, but I know that the Maple Leafs have made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the first time in 19 years. A true miracle. And people say there is not God. Well, explain that miracle!
That's the Devil messing with their fans. They won't last.
Got a family member visiting who's a Jays fan, so to be polite the TV is on, way too much.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Someone mentioned estate planning.
Ever heard of Swedish Death Cleaning? A bit of an morbid description, but it's all about foresight.

Swedish death cleaning is a method of organizing and decluttering your home before you die to lessen the burden of your loved ones after you've passed. Usually older people or those battling a terminal illness partake in Swedish death cleaning.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 2:03 pm Got a family member visiting who's a Jays fan, so to be polite the TV is on, way too much.
I would send them packing! :biggrin:
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: May 5th, 2023, 12:05 pm Someone mentioned estate planning.
Ever heard of Swedish Death Cleaning? A bit of an morbid description, but it's all about foresight.

Swedish death cleaning is a method of organizing and decluttering your home before you die to lessen the burden of your loved ones after you've passed. Usually older people or those battling a terminal illness partake in Swedish death cleaning.
It's not a bad idea, really. Knowing some folks who are having a heck of a time going through all the clutter. It's physically demanding, and can be emotionally draining.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Lady tehMa wrote: May 8th, 2023, 8:42 am
Babba_not_Gump wrote: May 5th, 2023, 12:05 pm Someone mentioned estate planning.

It's not a bad idea, really. Knowing some folks who are having a heck of a time going through all the clutter. It's physically demanding, and can be emotionally draining.
Last year when we sold we did some major purging. It was unbelievable how much junk we had accumulated over the years.
Garbage dump, recycling, garage sales, donations, friends, family, we shared it around. Some was easy to get rid off, some difficult.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Seems that decluttering happens when people move into retirement communities then again into LTC. Those families are the lucky ones.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: May 8th, 2023, 4:11 pm. Some was easy to get rid off, some difficult.
Put the hard items in an Amazon box and leave at the front door.

Problem solved. :biggrin:
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

we called cleaning the house before you leave on holiday death cleaning
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

This BC creek has a rather interesting name... https://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/reports/rwse ... _ID=857323
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

I am not wealthy but I am rich

Return to “Grab Bag”