The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

A potpourri of off-topics.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

Post by normaM »

Hon, sit back and relax 0 get Mom to clean your house, point out how skilled she is at doing it
Learn the trick of saying thanks when they make a dig at you
Prepare a meal you know they will hate :)
goodness they travel in a pack.
I rebuke you in the name of Versace
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

normaM wrote: Aug 6th, 2023, 5:26 am Hon, sit back and relax 0 get Mom to clean your house, point out how skilled she is at doing it
Learn the trick of saying thanks when they make a dig at you
Prepare a meal you know they will hate :)
goodness they travel in a pack.
Mom is really frail. I had noticed that her mind is not as good as it used to be, and she has picked up a verbal tic "and that". Saturday night was overwhelming - around 50 people crammed into a house and yard. The oldest was near 90 and the youngest was a year. I shut down around 7:30 and we bailed. Today was better, different house and not nearly as many people. This time hubby shut down at around 7:30. And tomorrow morning nice sis and her family and mom (she's getting a ride with them) are stopping by in the am. So by noon, I should be relaxing. I did do a clean on the (upstairs) bathroom and kitchen sinks. Kids are responsible for them and they are not maintained well. Normally, I turn a blind eye (not my job, not my job) but not tonight.

It would help if I could breathe easily, this smoke is getting to me.
I haven't failed until I quit.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

the smoke, the heat and for a bonus it is humid. I am ultra cranky
Tell your kids that since they aren't doing their chores you will have to hire a house cleaner, so their R and B will go up to cover the cost
That ought to keep the bathroom spic and span :)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

normaM wrote: Aug 7th, 2023, 4:20 am. I am ultra cranky
So nothing has changed? :spitcoffee: :runforlife:
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

why bother
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

It is unusually humid.

Family has been and gone. Good to see sis and her family. Mom was glad to see us all. It was of necessity a short visit and I was okay with that.

I'm back at work tomorrow, but I'm feeling like a weight has been lifted.

I saw a meme come across my feed about sensory overload, and really, I experienced a fair bit of that this weekend. Putting name to it actually helped.

Does anyone else get sensory overload?
I haven't failed until I quit.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Lady tehMa wrote: Aug 7th, 2023, 8:46 pm It is unusually humid.

Family has been and gone. Good to see sis and her family. Mom was glad to see us all. It was of necessity a short visit and I was okay with that.

I saw a meme come across my feed about sensory overload, and really, I experienced a fair bit of that this weekend. Putting name to it actually helped.

Happy for you that you got through the visitation without fights, cries for help and a lot of unneeded drama

Sensory overload for me is 20/day ambulances, firetrucks screaming their way to next overdose or real emergency, all day and all night. Why, at 3 am, do the sirens have to be traumatically loud enough to wake you from sleep? In other countries, those sirens reduce the decibels during normal sleep hours as there are very, very few, driving around at midnight to 6 am?

Overkill. How many heart attacks are brought on by this overkill, high decibel screeching night after night?

I can hear it now…”oh, but maybe someone stone deaf is driving on the streets at 3 am. “

BS
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^^^^ sirens and lights on emergency vehicles are to warn drivers they have the right of way as they respond to an emergency.
At two in the morning with traffic pretty much 0, lights work well and a blast of a siren if an idiot does not pull over. If an emergency vehicle gets in an accident, they don't necessarily get preferential treatment.

I got pizzed when drivers responded at 3 am lights and siren when absolutely no one was on the road, especially if it was something like a beach fire or fireworks....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Lady tehMa wrote: Aug 7th, 2023, 8:46 pm It is unusually humid.

Oh yeah, four day visits with family members with four grandkids between four and nine. By day four we need oxygen.

Lights aflashing? I'm okay with it. I have two kids, first responders, they have enough stories to fill a book just on the idiots in front of them.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Common sense is a totally lost form of thinking things through.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

GordonH wrote: Aug 13th, 2023, 7:47 am Common sense is a totally lost form of thinking things through.
Ya don't say!

Which brings up this.
I can't get a job. :cry:
35535162.jpg
35523981.jpg
35271209.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Why won't anyone hire me? :cry:
35966049.jpg
35696204.jpg
35113070.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Well, it’s obviously because their wardrobe isn’t up to snuff!

They just need to go shopping and poof! Problem solved.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Catsumi wrote: Aug 13th, 2023, 6:16 pm Well, it’s obviously because their wardrobe isn’t up to snuff!
Wonder if that lot have any spawn?
Gawd, downright freaky.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

seewood wrote: Aug 13th, 2023, 7:02 pm
Wonder if that lot have any spawn?
Gawd, downright freaky.
Unfortunately we allow them to reproduce!
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.

Return to “Grab Bag”