Never Hurts To Ask

A potpourri of off-topics.

Never Hurts To Ask

Postby oneh2obabe » Jan 24th, 2019, 3:15 am

A simple request gets results - way to go car companies. You can't buy this kind of advertising.

Patch Hurty was five when he found the Ford badge on the side of the road near his house in Connecticut. He loves cars, so he was pumped about this find—car names were some of the first words he was learning to read, and now he had a badge of his own from a real car.

What would be really cool, though, is if he had some kind of logo or decal from every company. But you can't just hang around waiting for a Bugatti badge to shake loose from a passing Chiron. So what do you do? You write a letter to every car company and see what happens.

Volvo sent a huge grille badge, a frisbee and a lot of other goodies. Jeep apologized for having no badges but sent a metal sign, a hat, a pen and a keychain. Bentley sent the center cap from a wheel. BMW wrote, "It's great that you enjoy watching Ultimate Driving Machines ® cruise past your house and we are happy to send you the enclosed shiny, new BMW emblem to add to your collection." And so it went, with Tesla, Bugatti, Honda and many more. Lincoln sent an original pencil sketch of a Continental. Almost all of them returned the coin.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a ... ies-decal/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

2 people like this post.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Liked in: 7325 posts

Re: Never Hurts To Ask

Postby dirtybiker » Jan 24th, 2019, 7:54 pm

What a fantastic story, thank you for bringing it to us.

I too have a love of all things wheeled, and still have a collection of
emblems, chrome, dash panels, trim, hood ornaments and such.

Some would even be deemed highly desirable for the right person
working on a rare, old project.

Thanks again for sharing.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 3682 posts

Return to Grab Bag