What to do about my neighbour's stinky pot plants?

A potpourri of off-topics.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What to do about my neighbour's stinky pot plants?

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

stuphoto wrote:I imagine you actually spoke to your neighbor about the mater and explained to them how you feel about the smell.

Although it mostly seems to relate to indoor gardens there may be some ideas here.
https://m.wikihow.com/Hide-the-Smell-of ... ana-Plants

My experience is once law enforcement is involved a problem usually escalates making things worse for everyone.

I spoke to him the other day. He basically shrugged it off saying the smell will be gone soon, when we harvest the buds.
Which brings up this question: what part of the pot plant gives off this skunky smell? Is it really just the buds or does the entire plant smell?
And when is harvesting time? His plants are seven to eight feet tall.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

bb49 wrote:I spoke to him the other day. He basically shrugged it off saying the smell will be gone soon, when we harvest the buds.
Which brings up this question: what part of the pot plant gives off this skunky smell? Is it really just the buds or does the entire plant smell?

Harvest time, for outdoor pot, it's based upon weather, nutrition and daylight. As soon as the leaves start to turn yellow, it's time to harvest.
Plants that are 7-8 feet tall shows that the grower does not know what he is doing. In Kelowna, there is no reason why 2 crops/season can't be harvested and neither of them exceeding 3 feet tall.
He is an amateur and will be very disappointed in his crop.
I guess everyone has got to start somewhere?

Spray them with Roundup. Do NOT trespass and don't get caught.

Good luck.
Bring back the LIKE button.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

alanjh595 wrote:
bb49 wrote:I spoke to him the other day. He basically shrugged it off saying the smell will be gone soon, when we harvest the buds.

Harvest time, for outdoor pot, it's based upon weather, nutrition and daylight. As soon as the leaves start to turn yellow, it's time to harvest.
Plants that are 7-8 feet tall shows that the grower does not know what he is doing. In Kelowna, there is no reason why 2 crops/season can't be harvested and neither of them exceeding 3 feet tall.
He is an amateur and will be very disappointed in his crop.
I guess everyone has got to start somewhere?

Spray them with Roundup. Do NOT trespass and don't get caught.

Good luck.

lol he isn't the only one who doesn't know what he's doing [icon_lol2.gif]
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Been there, done that, found a better way. Good luck.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Put an ad on Castanet with their address and offering free pot. :biggrin:

The plants will be gone tomorrow.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

alanjh595 wrote:Been there, done that, found a better way. Good luck.

no ya haven't your comment says everything needed to know that you haven't "been there" good luck to you
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

The height of the plant depends on what species it is.You can have a plant that reaches a max height of 3 feet or one that is 7 or 8 feet. Harvest time is when the buds begin to lose their green and the plant signifies a die-down. Usually late September to mid-October depending totally on the weather. I am a bit skeptical about your claim that the plants have been 'stinking' for so long.... are you sure you don't have a family of skunks trailing through your neighbors' yards?
Chill
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

flamingfingers wrote:The height of the plant depends on what species it is.You can have a plant that reaches a max height of 3 feet or one that is 7 or 8 feet. Harvest time is when the buds begin to lose their green and the plant signifies a die-down. Usually late September to mid-October depending totally on the weather. I am a bit skeptical about your claim that the plants have been 'stinking' for so long.... are you sure you don't have a family of skunks trailing through your neighbors' yards?

We had the same problem last year, his first year for growing pot. The smell started sometime in June, maybe mid or late and continued throughout the summer.
The prevailing winds come from his direction and he's the only one living close by that has pot plants. I've been in the neighbour's yard on the other side of him, no plants and no smell when the wind is blowing towards my place.
It's definitely his plants.

As for getting rid of them or preventing this issue next year, a friend suggested salting the earth. Hmm, I have some old bag of Safe-T-Salt.

Btw, last year's plants were still standing this spring.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Btw, last year's plants were still standing this spring.

I bet the smell was overwhelming last winter!!
Chill

Return to “Grab Bag”