Costco moving to Leckie Road

A potpourri of off-topics.
OldBlindDog
Board Meister

Re: Costco moving to Leckie Road

Post by OldBlindDog »

my5cents wrote:I don't know about Kelowna, but the Real Canadian Super Store in Penticton..... The sale prices are great !,,,, you travel there, park, and go around the store. You can always spot the locations where the sale items were. A BIG EMPTY SHELF.

It's happened constantly (trust me), year in year out. I don't even bother going there. Their sales flyer is a flyer of what is out of stock in Penticton.

They generally don't give rain checks. If they did, that's about all they'd be doing.

You are right in that they often run out of stock, especially on sale items. Just wanted to say that my roommate got a coupon for a free barbecued chicken a few days ago, when they were out of stock on that item. Sometimes it pays to ask. This was at the Kelowna location, so I am not sure if Penticton would have the same policy.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

If RCSS runs out of a sale item, go to customer service and ask for a raincheck. At my store, they take the current flyer and mark the item you want - when it's in stock you get the sale price. Have done that a few times and it doesn't matter how long before the item is back on the shelf.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Or, instead of having to go to RCSS twice, just take their flyer to a store that price matches and get it with one trip.

Why reward RCSS for poor stock management (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt).

Off topic... I also hate the small print on RCSS tags

HUGE PRINT: - $1.99

Tiny print: - $2.49 if less than 4 purchased
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Do that unless the item I want is a No Name or PC product.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

my5cents wrote:Or, instead of having to go to RCSS twice, just take their flyer to a store that price matches and get it with one trip.

Why reward RCSS for poor stock management (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt).

Off topic... I also hate the small print on RCSS tags

HUGE PRINT: - $1.99

Tiny print: - $2.49 if less than 4 purchased

The double pricing is one of the reasons we don't shop there very often. I also don't like there tiny pricing digital thingys. I have to get down on my knees to read the low shelf ones.

I really don't much like that store.
Hafa adai
Jonrox
Guru

Post by Jonrox »

The move is for sure going to happen at some point but isn't happening any time soon.
kato1959

Post by kato1959 »

that was my road i used to bypass the highway..gonna be congested there now when Costco gets there..
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

I spent a few hours shopping for new clothes for a trip. I looked through the Mall at various stores and was shocked at the prices for joggers, tshirts and socks. I returned to my old standby, Costco and was pleased to get joggers at about 1/2 the price the others were charging.
As for a shirt I found a decent one at VV for 30% off on seniors day which rang in at around $10 or about one fifth of what I would need to shell out anywhere for new.
As for the joggers, the usual stock at VV is a bit steep for half worn out stuff. Most of the time I only buy there on seniors day for that reason but occasionally there are deals to be had.
It is pretty hard to shell out $15 for something that can had for $5 more at my favourite big box store Costco.
Waste not
OldBlindDog
Board Meister

Post by OldBlindDog »

Sorry for clogging up this thread with non-Costco posts, but I just wanted to clarify the free chicken thing at Superstore. They have a guarantee that between 12:00 PM and 8:00 PM that they will always have whole BBQ chickens available, and if not then you receive a coupon for a free chicken, redeemable within 30 days of receiving the voucher.
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catsumi »

:topic:
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
Jonrox
Guru

Post by Jonrox »

By no means is this a done deal yet... not even close. Costco isn't moving for quite a while folks.
A10ThunderboltII
Fledgling

Post by A10ThunderboltII »

Jonrox wrote:By no means is this a done deal yet... not even close. Costco isn't moving for quite a while folks.

I just can't wait for the picture of the Basran "team" with their shovels in the ground at the new location :-X
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

A10ThunderboltII wrote:
Jonrox wrote:By no means is this a done deal yet... not even close. Costco isn't moving for quite a while folks.

I just can't wait for the picture of the Basran "team" with their shovels in the ground at the new location :-X

Hopefully it will be another Mayor in that picture.
We See
We Judge
We Get Muzzled
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catsumi »

:topic:
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If the approvals go through quickly we could be surprised at how fast it goes up.
Hafa adai

Return to “Grab Bag”