Unable to stay on topic ? Here is a thread for you

A potpourri of off-topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Unable to stay on topic ? Here is a thread for you

Post by Bsuds »

"The Okanagan Valley lies on an ancient fault line which has not been tectonically active since the Oligocene period — 23 million years ago — although it still represents a zone of weakness as a fault zone."

I would be more worried about the Super Caldera under Yellowstone I believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera
I might look normal but believe me, I talk to animals and wait for them to reply.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Mission fault line isn't it? Isn't that the very slow moving bend in the lake- or so I read I think.
The last big one on the coast was in 1700. They seem to happen every 300 years ish, so we are due. A 9.5 would be felt here this far away for sure. People felt the one off queen charlotte island a few years back here. It was a 6.8 or 7.8- can't remember
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

In the bay between Comox and Courtenay there is preserved remains of a forest in the sand from the land sinking in the quake of 1700.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Lady tehMa wrote: This area has a fault too, if I remember correctly . . .

You are correct, and many of them walk and breathe.
Some even in politico positions.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Coonhound
Banned

Post by Coonhound »

Is this a good deal ? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B082P3LJD ... Y0CA&psc=1

Im wanting for a new laptop with SSD HD and a touch screen. Looks like a good price to me. But I am not the most sophisticated hound. Anyone got a better suggestion.

Its an HP and I know they come loaded with useless bloatware. I am not sure I could find a better computer for similar price.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

I thought it was time to comment on my time on Castanet. :135:
This is post #1000 for me, and I've been here for eleven months :200: I'm pushing a year, and almost out of diapers. :yahoo:

For several months prior to that I was lost and wandering in a land without comments, having left a previous site that was getting far out of hand. It was a big site, but with some failings. It was centered in Toronto :thumbsdown: , and pretty well everything revolved around the Centre of the Universe. :swear: Oh yes, they would allow westerners to comment, and then they would twist it around to an Ontario way of thinking.
But near the end the mods (are you Castanet mods listening?) let it get away from them. Pretty well every topic degenerated into mudslinging. :fence: So I left. :sleepdeprived:

And here I am. 1000 comments later.

Lots of people on here that I usually agree with, and agree with me. Some I don't, but that's fine. I'm thick skinned and I do enjoy the banter. One even called me his friend! :kiss: Honestly, I was flattered. :admin:

Not much to complain about here. Me being from Kamloops and this being a Kelowna-centered board had me concerned a bit, but at least your mentality appears to be far superior and more welcoming then the board from T. O. :up:

And now for the Mods. :popcorn:
Really, I don't know how you do it. Is the pay that good? You guys and girls are on here constantly and very little gets past you. :130:
One minor complain though. I would like to see a little discretion with word work-arounds. Is that what you call it when someone politely changes a banned phrase into what should be a totally acceptable word? It would add a little more humour to the board if you could just let a little bit more go. Please! :hailjo:
So at the next staff meeting, that can be a new topic for you to discuss. Earn your bonuses. :laugh:

Whatever happens to this board, don't let it drop to that of CBC with it's soft and fragile mods. :panic:

Bottom line :up:
I_am_a_Canadian (with unacceptable views)
Coonhound
Banned

Post by Coonhound »

Omg. Lakeshore Rd accident. Look at the picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

bb49 wrote:I thought it was time to comment on my time on Castanet. :135:
This is post #1000 for me, and I've been here for eleven months :200: I'm pushing a year, and almost out of diapers. :yahoo:
And here I am. 1000 comments later.

And now for the Mods....
Really, I don't know how you do it. Is the pay that good? You guys and girls are on here constantly and very little gets past you. :130:

I've been around for a little bit. The Mods don't get paid and some of us drive them crazy. I'm pretty sure I was banned for a few days. Miss some of the original crew though - they've either left or passed away - that's sad
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Grab Bag”