Average net worth in Kelowna - $887,998

A potpourri of off-topics.
Eyeswideopen
Board Meister

Re: Average net worth in Kelowna - $887,998

Post by Eyeswideopen »

I sure didn't see what looked like millionaires walking around W. Kelonwa when I was there recently. Looked like lots of overwieght meth heads walking around. I made a new topic about it but it got deleted. Because I guess we can't talk about reality if it's negative.

If I made a completely fabricated post about how totally awesome W. Kelowa is with rainbows and unicorns that would probably be ok.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Eyeswideopen wrote:I sure didn't see what looked like millionaires walking around W. Kelonwa when I was there recently. Looked like lots of overwieght meth heads walking around. I made a new topic about it but it got deleted. Because I guess we can't talk about reality if it's negative.

If I made a completely fabricated post about how totally awesome W. Kelowa is with rainbows and unicorns that would probably be ok.

Where is W. Kelonwa?
Aren’t meth heads skinny?
What do millionaires look like?
You and 71 others Like this post
motokelowna1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by motokelowna1 »

Just opened my wallet and found the money $887988 cents Im rich
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm no millionaire, but 120% of my wealth is in my house.

P.S. at $887,998, Kelowna is one of the poorest places in Canada, coming in at 82nd out of 100!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

motokelowna1 wrote:Just opened my wallet and found the money $887988 cents Im rich

That makes yo below average, according to the topic:

And since you only have: $887988 cents, That makes you $0.10 short of being average. Did you count your bottles? You could be above average, and not even know it. :biggrin:
Bring back the LIKE button.
motokelowna1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by motokelowna1 »

That makes yo below average, according to the topic:

And since you only have: $887988 cents, That makes you $0.10 short of being average. Did you count your bottles? You could be above average, and not even know it. :biggrin:[/quote]

Thanks for the hint on the bottles. They just doubled today so I am now above average ON and upward to the Million cents.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

motokelowna1 wrote:That makes yo below average, according to the topic:

And since you only have: $887988 cents, That makes you $0.10 short of being average. Did you count your bottles? You could be above average, and not even know it. :biggrin:

Thanks for the hint on the bottles. They just doubled today so I am now above average ON and upward to the Million cents.[/quote]

You see......you are richer than you think. It's not that bad, and much easier to obtain than thought. Welcome to the "average" club.
Jonrox
Guru

Post by Jonrox »

one wheel wrote:My home is clear title so what would Alireza Naraghi tell me my net worth is ?

I'll bet the answer would be something like - well the homes in your area sold for 'x' so you are worth blah-blah BS.

It's all headline grabbing ' look how well we're doing ' bunk that means nothing ?

It’s not about what she would tell you... it’s how net worth is defined... it’s what everyone would tell you. You might not like it, but if your home is currently worth $1 million and it has no mortgage, it contributes $1 million to your net worth.

It’s just what the term means. Now if you want to discuss your financial position in other terms that you feel are more meaningful, then that’s completely valid. I agree that using terms such as wealth and net worth can be very misleading, but it doesn’t change what those terms mean.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

Net worth is the combined value of all holdings (at the time) less the amounts owing.

If one was to convert everything to cash and pay everything owed, the remainder would be net worth.

If you have a car that is valued at $50K, but you owe $58K on the loan, that would be a liability and that amount would be deducted from your savings account value.

Therefore, a net worth in Kelowna would be after all the liabilities have been paid.

Return to “Grab Bag”