Headlines that make you go...Hmmmmmmmmm...

A potpourri of off-topics.
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Re: Headlines that make you go...Hmmmmmmmmm...

Post by Bigbacardi »

Headline:

Real estate market notches downward amid climbing interest rates, association says

First sentence in article:

British Columbia real estate sales and prices bumped up slightly in October compared with a year ago in what is being described as a balanced market.

OMG
Which is it?
Up or down?
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Glacier wrote: Nov 29th, 2023, 3:21 pm LOL!

An attempted cuddling?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Salmon-Ar ... ong#459887
RCMP advised all to get into bed.

Together??
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Not so much the headline but what the judge said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10115930/bc- ... ng-judges/

In sentencing the 43-year-old health care worker, North Vancouver provincial court Judge Joseph Galati acknowledged “a marital intimacy deficit contributed to the offending conduct.

Marital intimacy deficit. :200:
"Hey honey, there's a deficit we need to address." [icon_lol2.gif]
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Well the next piece of this is the follow-up.....

• In letters published this week, both the Canadian Bar Association's B.C. Branch and the Law Society of B.C. raised concerns Sharma risked interfering with the independence of the judiciary and undermining the rule of law.

Good for her to criticize the sentencing of this creep.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/ag ... r-AA1kO83O
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Nov 30th, 2023, 6:30 pm Not so much the headline but what the judge said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10115930/bc- ... ng-judges/

In sentencing the 43-year-old health care worker, North Vancouver provincial court Judge Joseph Galati acknowledged “a marital intimacy deficit contributed to the offending conduct.

Marital intimacy deficit. :200:
"Hey honey, there's a deficit we need to address." [icon_lol2.gif]

my5cents wrote: Nov 30th, 2023, 6:44 pm Well the next piece of this is the follow-up.....

• In letters published this week, both the Canadian Bar Association's B.C. Branch and the Law Society of B.C. raised concerns Sharma risked interfering with the independence of the judiciary and undermining the rule of law.

Good for her to criticize the sentencing of this creep.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/ag ... r-AA1kO83O

Sentencing in Canada has become monstrous JOKE.
Judges need a serious wake-up call from every citizen.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Again, not a headline but content.

I've sometimes joked at the name of our federal police force, the RCMP, (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). I guess especially since the only horses (mounted) are in a troop that tours riding horses (the Musical Ride). At one time, horses were involved in the training of recruits, but not for several decades. The riding breaches, boots, red tunics and Stetsons hats are just a cerimonial costume, as closely related to RCMP duties as is "mounted".

Thus a joke name heard sometimes, the Royal Canadian Mountain Police.

So Castanet, I guess purchased a story from Glacier Media discussing RCMP conduct. You'd think someone would proof read the contents of a story.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

my5cents wrote: Dec 11th, 2023, 10:48 am So Castanet, I guess purchased a story from Glacier
I'm still waiting for the cheque...
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Glacier wrote: Dec 11th, 2023, 11:29 am I'm still waiting for the cheque...
You're going to have to work on your accuracy first.
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Post by Bigbacardi »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/462322 ... -Christmas

Released in time for Christmas?
I wasn't aware that seal celebrated the religious holiday?
I wonder if the seals are offended by this, because I know for a fact that at least one of the seals is Jewish......
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

^ LOL!
- Douglas Murray
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Again, not the headline, but this time the sentence given the perps.

https://nationalpost.com/news/sex-in-ch ... adlineNews
Having sex in a Charlottetown public park has led to more than 100 days in jail for two people in Prince Edward Island.

Only one person saw them doing it in the Park. :200:
One gets 45 days, the other gets 60 days. Meanwhile here in BC, violent crime gets a slap or a scolding from the judge.

As some of the comments referenced, maybe they should have waited, done it on a gay pride parade float.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Must have been before the 1st of May.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/463122 ... tude-quake
Interesting, headline tells of a 4.9 earthquake, it takes two paragraphs for the reader to learn the rough location. Above the text a large colourful picture of a seismograph of an earthquake. BUT of a different earthquake. Sorta like an article about a car crash with a photo of a different crash.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The headline I read was "Vehicle thefts are on the rise in Canada and Manitoba"

So when did Manitoba leave Canada? :200:
It's not drinking alone if your dog is home.

Return to “Grab Bag”