Walmart Warranty

A potpourri of off-topics.
motokelowna1
Generalissimo Postalot

Walmart Warranty

Post by motokelowna1 »

Walmart offers an extended warranty of two years above the normal one year of manufactures protection. Not a problem but it is added to your bill does not show up on the receipt but part of the purchase. It is sneaky that you are charged $5 on a electrical item that cost $34 dollars making it a $39 dollar item. Make sure you decline the extra warranty that already has a one year warranty if you like. Sneaky little devils have found another way getting your hard earned cash without you realizing.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Walmart Warranty

Post by Bsuds »

If it's not listed on the bill how did you become aware of the charge? Then there is an Eco fee added on as well.

I always use my Visa for the extra year guarantee that they provide. Extended warranty's are just money in their pocket and rarely do the consumer any good.
Hafa adai
motokelowna1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by motokelowna1 »

They are sneaky and very skillful in getting your buck.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Doesn't the $5.00 charge show up at all? If the amount was $34 I would be questioning the $39 on the bill.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Extended warranty cost depends on the item purchased and it does show up as a separate entry on the receipt. The customer is given a pamphlet along with the receipt and either goes online or phones to register the product to activate the warranty.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Grab Bag”