BC Family wins 'Home To Win: For The Holidays'

A potpourri of off-topics.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

BC Family wins 'Home To Win: For The Holidays'

Post by oneh2obabe »

The big question is will they move into their new home or sell and stay in BC.

Three deserving fans go head-to-head for the keys to the house! A series of challenges will test their DIY savvy as our stars watch, deliberate and decide which one of our finalists will win the home of their dreams, just in time for the holidays!

Meet Ally - finalist from Armstrong, BC
https://www.hometowin.ca/video/meet-hom ... tant-ally/

Episode 8: Oh Little Town of Home To Win - winner reveal at the 42:51 mark
https://www.hometowin.ca/video/oh-littl ... me-to-win/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: BC Family wins 'Home To Win: For The Holidays'

Post by Bsuds »

I guess it would depend but they would probably be better off selling and staying where they are. The taxes on the house would probably be difficult for them to handle.

I read an article not long ago about issues when people win a new house and most of the ones who kept them regretted it.

So when I win I will take the cash and not the house! :up:
Hafa adai
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Taxes depend on the location of the house. Since the house is in Ontario they can claim property taxes on their income tax return on form ON-BEN and receive a separate refund once the return is filed and processed. Refund is based on income level.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

I'd be taking the cash since I have absolutely no interest in moving to Ontario.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Not sure if taking the cash is an option. If it's not and they don't want to move, the house will have to put up for sale.

Return to “Grab Bag”