Amazon Review guidelines - I was rejected,,, OMG

A potpourri of off-topics.
my5cents
Guru

Amazon Review guidelines - I was rejected,,, OMG

Post by my5cents »

You know how when you purchase on line you get bugged to put a review "about your experience", etc etc.

I volunteer at a thrift store. My job is to put new batteries in old watches so they can sell them working.

I buy the batteries myself (my contribution). This year I've put in about 200.

I purchase many of the batteries from the various "dollar stores" at a good price. If I shopped at the Source, London Drugs, Walmart or a battery store, what I get for 5 for $1.25 would be $6.95 each.

A few sizes I just couldn't find at a good price, so on to "on line shopping"

I ordered three different lots through one shipper (not Amazon) After three months of not receiving anything, I applied for, and got a refund. The third lot arrived in about 2 months.

Recently I ordered some through Amazon. WOW ! in 9 days I had the batteries.

I get a message from Amazon Reviews. Please tell us about your recent purchased.

They are watch batteries,,,, "they are a really lovely color" ? "the size fits perfectly" ? "they lasted a long time" (how would I know I've only had them a week, put a couple in some watches that I'll never see again)

So what can I say ? So I said : "Being just a watch battery order I was resigned that it might take a month or two for delivery. Then 9 days later the order arrived. Wow."

Heading : "Fast Delivery"

Nope no good at all.

Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the Web site. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:

• Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience should be provided at http://www.amazon.ca/feedback.
    • We do not allow profane or obscene content. This applies to adult products too.
    • Advertisements, promotional material or repeated posts that make the same point excessively are considered spam.
    • Please do not include URLs external to Amazon or personally identifiable content in your review.
    • Any attempt to manipulate Community content or features, including contributing false, misleading, or inauthentic content, is strictly prohibited.

They were bloody watch batteries ! Focus on specific features of the product ??????? My experience with it ????????

Guess who will never post a review ever again,,, go ahead,,,guess.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Amazon Review guidelines - I was rejected,,, OMG

Post by mexi cali »

Seems silly, doesn't it? I had a similar response form them. Can't remember what it was about but I don't offer up reviews anymore.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I take the reviews with a grain of salt anyways.

People are weird, give a two thumbs up review so they are not the
only one choking on a purchase.
Negative review due to something entirely unrelated to the product
being reviewed.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I suspect it's all done by Computer so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Hafa adai
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Do you get a discount or money back for doing a review for them? No? Waste of time. Unless I get a pay cheque from them, they can fill in their own reviews. [icon_lol2.gif]
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Many brick and mortar stores (even a few dealerships) request you you take a short survey on your recent visit.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

OKkayak wrote:Do you get a discount or money back for doing a review for them? No? Waste of time. Unless I get a pay cheque from them, they can fill in their own reviews. [icon_lol2.gif]

and.... I fear many do (fill in their own reviews).
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

OKkayak wrote:Do you get a discount or money back for doing a review for them? No? Waste of time. Unless I get a pay cheque from them, they can fill in their own reviews. [icon_lol2.gif]

I think they do.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

Hey that's nice that you buy the batteries and do the work! Some of those watch backs can be a bear to get off.
Guess you should have written " the shiny silver toned orbs were a Joy to behold"
Am I free tomorrow? No I'm expensive every day
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

normaM wrote:Hey that's nice that you buy the batteries and do the work! Some of those watch backs can be a bear to get off.
Guess you should have written " the shiny silver toned orbs were a Joy to behold"

Yes, "these are the nicest, best watch batteries in the world" (Trumpism ?)

(I know off topic) My mother-in-law volunteered for decades, then got my wife volunteering with her after she retired. My father-in-law, "got volunteered" to do the watches. Sadly both mom and dad passed away in early 2018, and I "got volunteered" (my tribute to a great man).

The first 30 - 40+ were sometimes a head scratcher. With many hundreds under my belt, I'm getting pretty good at it.

Return to “Grab Bag”