Damn, it was a gruesome site.

A potpourri of off-topics.
bb49
Guru

Damn, it was a gruesome site.

Post by bb49 »

Two or three months ago my neighbour killed a rat. First one we've seen in this neighbourhood. Always a few mice but never a rat.

Two days ago I found rat droppings in my storage shed. I pulled everything out, found a hole in the floor and cleaned up the shed but I didn't plug the hole. Nope, I want that little critter.
So I set two mouse traps and a mole trap.

And the next day...... :200:

I opened the shed door, and right there in front of me is a mouse trap with something in it. :135:
Attached to the trap was a 5 1/2 inch tail, attached to a 4 inch spine and beside it a pile of guts. Nothing else, just the gruesome remains of a rat.

Ok, my trap is nothing more than a little Victor mouse trap, it can be effective, but this?

A quick deduction told me another rat ate the little bugger. :200: A real opportunist too. So tonight there's three mouse traps and the mole trap waiting for the opportunist. Not sure if I'll catch him tonight though. He filled up pretty good on dinner last night.

Damn, that was real eye opener seeing that trap and what was in it.
I_am_a_Canadian (with unacceptable views)
W105
Guru

Re: Damn, it was a gruesome site.

Post by W105 »

anyway a cat got into your shed ?? I have a neighborhood cat that likes to leave me rat carcasses..all it leaves is the tail and the guts...and yup, I puke when I have to clean it up...disgusting !! but I appreciate the Cat Rat Killer :)
seewood
Lord of the Board

Post by seewood »

bb49 wrote:Two days ago I found rat droppings in my storage shed. I pulled everything out, found a hole in the floor and cleaned up the shed but I didn't plug the hole. Nope, I want that little critter.So I set two mouse traps and a mole trap.

Ha, going through my war on chewing, smelly little critters. Shed had rat droppings so placed a couple of large snap traps. Bait is a dog kibble with a hole drilled trough the middle and tied to the bait tray with fishing line. Nothing yet in the shed.
The carport is another story. Small snap traps with the same bait. Just have to remember to hide them when I put the deceased into the garbage can. The Mrs. didn't like seeing the little buggers staring up at her...
A new garage door is on the list. The current one has gaps for mice.
Usually had signs of mice in the old car as it was stored over winter. Not this year after being stored outside.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

I checked on the shed this morning and nothing of news worthiness to report. All the traps are still full and loaded. He/she definitely had the full-meal-deal the night before.
I_am_a_Canadian (with unacceptable views)

Return to “Grab Bag”