2019 F-150

A potpourri of off-topics.
oldtrucker
Guru

Re: 2019 F-150

Post by oldtrucker »

Looking at some of these new truck prices.... :200:
$90,000-$100,000 for some. That's a house in some parts of Canada.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

sorry Tyler, saw the F lol
"Once again, Ford F250 and F350 trucks from the 2000s topped the Insurance Bureau of Canada’s annual ranking of the most stolen vehicles in Canada. In 2019, Ford pickup trucks took up eight of the top 10 spots on the list with the 2007 Ford F-350 claiming the unenviable title of most stolen vehicle for the year."
Tips for surviving the heat wave.
Drink lots of water
Don't test me
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Whew, I'm safe. My F350 is a 2008!
I might look normal but believe me, I talk to animals and wait for them to reply.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

Are they easy to jack, or a truck choice for those who have to steal a ride?
Drink lots of water
Don't test me
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Hey, if anyone wants to jack the thing while I'm near the truck with the keys in my hand....I usually fight left handed, I have weak spot that would drop me instantly lower right torso area, I have a weak... :200: [icon_lol2.gif]
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
polelady
Board Meister

Post by polelady »

Suggestion to get rid of the truck.... !
Again this depends on how much she owes on the unit.. maybe time to cut her losses and get on with life... tossing the keys at the bank of financial institution does now work at times... perhaps it is Ford Credit Corporation... again not sure but most are very aggressive on collections.. Have heard where they take it back... sell if for wholesale price and go after the owner for the difference.... again Hear Say...
Anyway suggest she contact a dealer who sells to the US ,,, yes most dealers are still doing it with the dollar difference... but for the most part they like the 250 and 350 loaded ones low mileage... but since hers is low mileage... it may worth checking out... From my knowledge most dealers get Blue Book wholesale price in US dollars... they buy wholesale Canadian and sell for USA dollars wholesale... on the average after the changes are made to export to US,,, and trucking across the border most make about % 10,000 per unit... so I hear...
Just food for thought... since it it slow mileage... 18,000 km... and the dealer she bought it from will probably bend her over and ........... ruthless when not selling units..
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Yes polelady you may have nailed it. Thats exactly what another person suggested about this. Your post tells me that they were on the right track. :130:
There is still $40 k owing on it. I still am shaking my head as to how bad of a 'investment' a new vehicle is and what she was thinking when signing up for it. I have anxiety over this thing and I'm not the one paying for it. Holy expensive batman.
So....If I drove this thing to a dealer and asked them if they wanted to buy it, is there enough of a shortage of used units it would make it a possible solution? Wow....would that ever take a lot of stress off her.(and me)
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The dealer will give much less than the 33-35 it appears as though they may go for.

She might want to try getting the word out on FB. A private sales will get her the most money and maybe there will be some good will amongst her circle, assuming she has one.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

dirtybiker wrote:Off the hop I would have said 40ish.
This add shows one at the asking $58.
https://classifieds.castanet.net/detail ... t/4333321/

So methinks 52-55 would be reasonable for the market and a motivated
price to move it.

Not the speculators pie in the sky pricing.

Good luck and sorry to hear of your friends issues.
This is a crew cab.....here is a xtra cab according to what is written. Big price difference
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

If you take it to a dealer for them to buy, you will be sadly disappointed in what they offer you. Find a broker and send it state side...if that’s to much hassle, talk to the bank or list privately. Take a look on Kijiji to see what they are worth...search across Canada to get a better idea. Selling a used vehicle privately these days is tough because no one has cash and they need financing. I’ve bought and sold more than I can count over the years but in the last 3-5 it’s been a tough slug to flip. Edit..... could consign it somewhere.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

vegas1500 wrote:
dirtybiker wrote:Off the hop I would have said 40ish.
This add shows one at the asking $58.
https://classifieds.castanet.net/detail ... t/4333321/

So methinks 52-55 would be reasonable for the market and a motivated
price to move it.

Not the speculators pie in the sky pricing.

Good luck and sorry to hear of your friends issues.
This is a crew cab.....here is a xtra cab according to what is written. Big price difference
It has the regular doors but the back doors open suicide style.Still seats 6. I don't know what type of cab that's called. It also has the console shift on the 'floor' not on the steering column. - i don't know if that makes it any different of a value. The official name is XLT Sport. I've tried to find others with 'Sport' in the name but there are none around to compare to. I never needed to learn until now as that kind of spending is just a wee bit out of my budget so I never look at them.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

normaM wrote:Are they easy to jack, or a truck choice for those who have to steal a ride?
It's a combination of things:
- F250 and F350 are seen as commercial vehicles and are not in scope for mandatory anti-theft features. (Yes, they are relatively easy to steal).
- They are expensive vehicles with expensive parts to sell.
- There are MANY of them out there. If you're going to learn how to steal one vehicle, this would be the one to learn.
- Because there are many: Harder for police to find/recognize it once reported stolen.
- Because there are many: Large market to sell your stolen parts to.
- They are big trucks offering criminals a little privacy. Harder to see drivers and to see the ignition has been messed with.
- They are hard vehicles to stop. Push past a RCMP cruiser or go offroad.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

oldtrucker wrote:
It has the regular doors but the back doors open suicide style.Still seats 6. I don't know what type of cab that's called. It also has the console shift on the 'floor' not on the steering column. - i don't know if that makes it any different of a value. The official name is XLT Sport. I've tried to find others with 'Sport' in the name but there are none around to compare to. I never needed to learn until now as that kind of spending is just a wee bit out of my budget so I never look at them.
Same as mine. Ford calls that their "Supercab". Unfortunately the full crew cab is more desirable on the resale market.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

I am so not a truck person. Its when they box my lil muttmobile in a parking lot I do my best swearing. Damn double cabs, put wings on you'd have an airplane. Then they have the balls hanging off the back.
I'm mad just flashing being boxed in! lol
Drink lots of water
Don't test me
featfan
Lord of the Board

Post by featfan »

https://debtvictoria.com/seize-or-sue-rules/

If you are feeling STUCK in a bad car loan that you either cannot afford or wish you never got into because you are backwards in the loan, then there may be an EASY SOLUTION to help you get OUT of a bad car loan!

The good news is that we have Seize or Sue rules in British Columbia. BC has very “consumer friendly” rules about secured loans for consumer items such as cars and trucks (and RV’s, Motorcycle’s etc). These rules are under the PPSA Personal Property Security Act.

Return to “Grab Bag”