Years of Dry Pine Needles On Rooftop

A potpourri of off-topics.
bbmyster_1
Fledgling

Years of Dry Pine Needles On Rooftop

Post by bbmyster_1 »

Now that we are Well into Fire Season , I pose this question , Is it Illegal to leave years worth of Pine Needles piled up on the Roof of your House , Especially at this time of year ? . It's a Fire Hazard to say the Least !
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Years of Dry Pine Needles On Rooftop

Post by Bsuds »

Call By-law and ask or call fire dept and check with them. If it's considered a fire hazard they might go and warn/ticket the owner.
I might look normal but believe me, I talk to animals and wait for them to reply.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

Don't know if it's illegal, but it's pretty irresponsible.
I_am_a_Canadian (with unacceptable views)
bbmyster_1
Fledgling

Post by bbmyster_1 »

Just to Update , I received an email from West Kelowna Bylaw , Apparently it is Not Illegal , and they cannot do anything about it , I was told the Pine Needles are no different then houses built with Cedar Shake Roofs...Still pretty Irresponsible of the owner's IMO ! :-X
Graphite
Übergod

Post by Graphite »

If you have a concern over your neighbor just go talk to them
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

It may void insurance.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
liisgo
Übergod

Post by liisgo »

Stupidity, laziness, ignorance is all a legal activity in Canada.
You can burn an apartment down and ruin peoples lives here.
I would like to see more emphasis placed upon responsibility and accountability, but that would require a little toughness in society and that just is not gonna happen.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Maybe go over to the neighbour and offer to help get clean off the roof. It could be they never really thought about it, maybe the neighbour is elderly and can't do it. If you don't ask, you don't know.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
bbmyster_1
Fledgling

Post by bbmyster_1 »

Graphite wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 1:52 pm If you have a concern over your neighbor just go talk to them
We tried , Fell upon Deaf Ears !
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

Send him a registered letter stating that;
In the event of a fire causing damage to your property, he and his insurance company will be held liable.
This letter is official notification and a copy will be registered with your insurance company.
Bring back the LIKE button.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

alanjh595 wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 12:17 pm Send him a registered letter stating that;
In the event of a fire causing damage to your property, he and his insurance company will be held liable.
This letter is official notification and a copy will be registered with your insurance company.
I like this idea
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Graphite
Übergod

Post by Graphite »

I think if thier roof catches fire from the pine needles, you probably would have the bigger issue of a forest fire at your door already. The roof isnt going to spontaneously combust. Call bylaw, talk to the manager about the good neighbor bylaws or other things it could fall under regarding hazzards or safety. Ask bylaw if they could give you info on insurance as well. Bylaw can be pretty knowledgeable if you talk to the right people. And I emphasize talk to the manager of the office. I have had a Kelowna bylaw officer lie to me before, and yes, I made a complaint about it. But realistically, I don't think the pine needles pose a huge threat to you?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

But realistically, I don't think the pine needles pose a huge threat to you?
Until they do.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

Graphite wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 10:06 pm But realistically, I don't think the pine needles pose a huge threat to you?
A build up of pine needles in your gutters is one of the most likely factors to ignite your home in the event that a forest fire rolls through.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Just had the gutters cleaned out, inspected, cleared of all dirt and the debris was taken away by a very professional team of guys.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Grab Bag”