Blood clots

A potpourri of off-topics.
BelieverinSciencethanks
Board Meister

Re: Blood clots

Post by BelieverinSciencethanks »

gardengirl wrote: Dec 15th, 2022, 3:07 pm I don't know why this is a story. Slow news day?
People get clots. My nephew got one in his leg. Totally random, years before Covid.
He was in his 20s.
Medication costs money. Is this a story?
This person is 24. An adult. As such, he should learn how to prepare for unexpected expenses.
$200 for 45 days is $4.44 a day. He can't come up with that?
It's a good thing he was not diagnosed as Diabetic.
Some will say my comments are mean spirited. They are not. This is reality. Many people struggle to pay for medication that they will have to take for the rest of their lives. They don't go to a news outlet and look for sympathy or donations.
They deal with it like adults.
Agreed. And the fact that people are trying to tie this to the COVID shots is ridiculous. I'm reasonably intelligent, educated, and know when to defer to the experts. Could you imagine if all the conspiracy folks and/or otherwise anti-vaccers were in charge of public health?
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

Daddy doesn’t kick anything. One got a microwave for Christmas. The other a media stand. These girls are literally self sufficient. Raised right.
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

LittleBoy wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 10:49 am "...the nail tech is taking in almost 3k take home every two weeks ..."

Wow! $72,000 annually after taxes. I was not aware nail techs made that kind of quan.
She’s a hit and has a massive following. Learning to tattoo also.
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

ash71 wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 1:18 pm
Tankur wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 3:15 am Hahaha. Is it hard to believe , there are people out there who are not leaches. My girls will be fine , and will not be moving home again. They’ve both been out on their own for well over 2 years. It’s possible, just takes hard work. Wouldn’t expect most of you whiners to come close to imagining that.
Can I ask what your girls do for work at 19/20 years old that affords them to rent a house downtown? I'm assuming they don't have post-secondary education (just from their ages and them not living at home for over 2 years) so I'd like to know what kind of work they do at this age that is going to carry them through adulthood and allow them to remain independent. I truly am curious.
Post secondary education. Electricians pre apprenticeship program. Nail tech / tattoo apprenticeship. I mean not traditional I guess but the pre app cost me 6k . The tattoo apprenticeship cost me 10k . She paid her way through mc college to do nails. Now has a massive clientele including all the drag queens of Kelowna. Yea she’s that good.
ash71
Board Meister

Post by ash71 »

Tankur wrote: Dec 17th, 2022, 7:09 am
ash71 wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 1:18 pm
Can I ask what your girls do for work at 19/20 years old that affords them to rent a house downtown? I'm assuming they don't have post-secondary education (just from their ages and them not living at home for over 2 years) so I'd like to know what kind of work they do at this age that is going to carry them through adulthood and allow them to remain independent. I truly am curious.
Post secondary education. Electricians pre apprenticeship program. Nail tech / tattoo apprenticeship. I mean not traditional I guess but the pre app cost me 6k . The tattoo apprenticeship cost me 10k . She paid her way through mc college to do nails. Now has a massive clientele including all the drag queens of Kelowna. Yea she’s that good.
Really great that you could pay for their post-secondary education. Not many students have the luxury to go through school and not come out with a boat load of debt. So yes, you have kicked in for your girls...and they are lucky that you could afford to. Most students either have to work full-time while going to school full-time, or they have to take out student loans which basically ensures that they start their lives already riddled with debt.

Return to “Grab Bag”