Would you give your life for your faith?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Would you give your life for your faith?

Postby Thinktank » Mar 18th, 2017, 7:33 am

BIBLE:
    If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

QURAN:
    Sahih Muslim (55:93) - A lengthy parable told by Muhammad, in which a boy chooses to die in order to spread religion, thus legitimizing the practice.

Years ago the pastor in church hinted that we should be willing to give our life for our faith.
So, for example, if the government starts throwing Christians in jail, we should always say out loud "I AM A CHRISTIAN" so that we can be first in line to go to jail.

Hell no. Not one of the Christians I know would be willing to lose $10.00 unnecessarily, so why should I should give my life unnecessarily? I've come to the conclusion preachers don't know as much about God as they claim to know.

Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 463 posts

Re: Would you give your life for your faith?

Postby cliffy1 » Mar 20th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Faith is a personal matter between you and your creator. I really don't understand people who feel it necessary to broadcast it to the world. I believe Jesus had something to say about that to the Pharisees.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
cliffy1
√úbergod

Liked in: 202 posts

Return to Religion & Spirituality