Question for evolutionists

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Re: Question for evolutionists

Postby Omnitheo » May 12th, 2018, 10:22 am

It’s not an insult. You are simply failing to comprehend the evidence. That’s a fact. Numerous evidence has been presented. DNA is clear cut proof. We can literally read it, we can see exactly how all life on earth is related to each other.

You have offered no evidence to the contrary. Instead you keep repeating something you have no understanding of, and is irrelevant to the discussion.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

Btfsplck likes this post.
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2926 posts

Postby Omnitheo » May 12th, 2018, 10:39 am

I understand the process with which my sister was created. I have observational evidence that she was born to my mother. I have observational evidence that we share similar features with me, common to other members in my family, but most similar to our immediate family including myself. We have DNA tests confirming this relationship.

Cutter7 “common traits. Similarities. Yet not a shred of actual evidence that we descended from the same parents” *meanwhile provides no alternative evidence to discredit any of the facts*
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Postby Gilchy » May 12th, 2018, 10:26 pm

cutter7 wrote:Common traits, similarities, yet not a shred of actual evidence to prove we have evolved from one species to another?

I am sure if such evidence existed, someone would have posted it by now.

In this thread there has been a comprehensive list of evidence for evolution given, which is apparently insufficient for your standards. What would qualify as “proof” in your eyes?

Btfsplck likes this post.
Gilchy
Übergod

Liked in: 461 posts

Postby Poindexter » May 13th, 2018, 7:30 am

Jflem1983 wrote:Despite your best insults. No u have not proven a thing. Still no way to get life from chemicals

You mean despite our best efforts. I have not insulted you, I only informed you that you dont have to look too far for proof of evolution, that you've been sitting on it all this time in the form of a vestigial tail.

Regarding your claim that life couldn't come from chemicals, are you aware of what a biomolecule is? It's a chemical compound found in living organisms. So the fact is we are made of chemicals. I believe this statement of yours was provided to people to confuse them by over simplifying the issue. If you were willing to challenge this belief by doing a little research you'd understand how absurd it is. The way we know living organisms are made of chemicals is they have mass and because everything with mass is made up of chemicals, it stands to reason that we are as well.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 3876 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » May 13th, 2018, 7:39 am

Poindexter wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Despite your best insults. No u have not proven a thing. Still no way to get life from chemicals

Are you aware of what a biomolecule is? It's a chemical compound found in living organisms. So the fact is we are made up of chemicals. I believe your statement was provided to confuse you and over simplify the issue. If you were willing to challenge this belief by doing a little research you'll understand how absurd it is. The way we know living organisms are made of chemicals is they have mass because everything with mass is made up of chemicals. That means oxygen, water, humans and even rocks are all made up of chemical compounds.

No u have confused the issue. Obviously i know about biology and chemistry. Chemical biology etc . Im not stupid.

Where i have trouble with the prevailing theory is the begining of life. I dont understand how they go from chemicals to living creatures. We can not currently do that in a lab. We do not know how it happened. Personally i think life might have come from the sky on an astroid or something. Thats just my opinion based on zero fact .
Had no idea there were so many people who just believe exactly what they are told to believe. Its pretty scary
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2157 posts

Postby Omnitheo » May 13th, 2018, 12:10 pm

Then you’re posting off topic. This thread is about evolution. You’re making it out to be about abiogenesis. But I’ll continue to humor you.

For a long time, before scientific method, proper observation, peer review etc, the prevailing theory for thousands of years was that much of life came from abiogenesis. Flies for example came from rotting meat. Worms from the dirt.

Now we understand the actual cycles of life of creatures. The DNA that links all life on earth to a common ancestor, and we understand chemical processes, and how conditions that existed early in our planet’s history could have triggered chemical reactions that then became self replicating.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

While features of self-organization and self-replication are often considered the hallmark of living systems, there are many instances of abiotic molecules exhibiting such characteristics under proper conditions. Stan Palasek suggested based on a theoretical model that self-assembly of ribonucleic acid (RNA) molecules can occur spontaneously due to physical factors in hydrothermal vents.[128] Virus self-assembly within host cells has implications for the study of the origin of life,[129] as it lends further credence to the hypothesis that life could have started as self-assembling organic molecules.[130][131]

Multiple sources of energy were available for chemical reactions on the early Earth. For example, heat (such as from geothermal processes) is a standard energy source for chemistry. Other examples include sunlight and electrical discharges (lightning), among others.[51] Computer simulations also suggest that cavitation in primordial water reservoirs such as breaking sea waves, streams and oceans can potentially lead to the synthesis of biogenic compounds.[132] Unfavourable reactions can also be driven by highly favourable ones, as in the case of iron-sulfur chemistry. For example, this was probably important for carbon fixation (the conversion of carbon from its inorganic form to an organic one).[note 2] Carbon fixation via iron-sulfur chemistry is highly favourable, and occurs at neutral pH and 100 °C (212 °F). Iron-sulfur surfaces, which are abundant near hydrothermal vents, are also capable of producing small amounts of amino acids and other biological metabolites.[51]

Formamide produces all four ribonucleotides and other biological molecules when warmed in the presence of various terrestrial minerals. Formamide is ubiquitous in the Universe, produced by the reaction of water and hydrogen cyanide (HCN). It has several advantages as a biotic precursor, including the ability to easily become concentrated through the evaporation of water.[133][134] Although HCN is poisonous, it only affects aerobic organisms (eukaryotes and aerobic bacteria), which did not yet exist. It can play roles in other chemical processes as well, such as the synthesis of the amino acid glycine.[51]

In 1961, it was shown that the nucleic acid purine base adenine can be formed by heating aqueous ammonium cyanide solutions.[135] Other pathways for synthesizing bases from inorganic materials were also reported.[136] Leslie E. Orgel and colleagues have shown that freezing temperatures are advantageous for the synthesis of purines, due to the concentrating effect for key precursors such as hydrogen cyanide.[137] Research by Stanley L. Miller and colleagues suggested that while adenine and guanine require freezing conditions for synthesis, cytosine and uracil may require boiling temperatures.[138] Research by the Miller group notes the formation of seven different amino acids and 11 types of nucleobases in ice when ammonia and cyanide were left in a freezer from 1972 to 1997.[139][140] Other work demonstrated the formation of s-triazines (alternative nucleobases), pyrimidines (including cytosine and uracil), and adenine from urea solutions subjected to freeze-thaw cycles under a reductive atmosphere (with spark discharges as an energy source).[141] The explanation given for the unusual speed of these reactions at such a low temperature is eutectic freezing. As an ice crystal forms, it stays pure: only molecules of water join the growing crystal, while impurities like salt or cyanide are excluded. These impurities become crowded in microscopic pockets of liquid within the ice, and this crowding causes the molecules to collide more often. Mechanistic exploration using quantum chemical methods provide a more detailed understanding of some of the chemical processes involved in chemical evolution, and a partial answer to the fundamental question of molecular biogenesis.[142]

It’s entirely possible life originated from space, however that is just pushing the benchmark back. Biological processes still had to begin somewhere, and unless we have evidence that it came from space, the models demonstrating how conditions on earth were capable of creating life is the best explanation .

I can see a tree outside. I mean sure, it could have landed here from space, or somebody could have hand crafted it. But I have no evidence of that, meanwhile there are very simple explanations that fit with our current understanding of trees and where they come from and how they grow that suggests it was actually created from a seed of another nearby tree.
- Justin Trudeau

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Postby Poindexter » May 13th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Even if your theory is correct and life arrived on an asteroid, it still means that life started somewhere else out of chemicals. It's also means that once this life form touched down evolution took over to create the diversity of life. But you knew this because you're not stupid right?
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 3876 posts

Postby cutter7 » May 13th, 2018, 7:05 pm

Inbreeding causes birth defects, is this a form of evolution?

Still wondering where the proof of in between species is?
Fossils of half monkey, half man etc

Jflem1983 likes this post.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 165 posts

Postby Fancy » May 13th, 2018, 7:08 pm

cutter7 wrote:Inbreeding causes birth defects, is this a form of evolution?

Birth defects are birth defects - certainly not a sign of evolution. And it's already been pointed out why the monkey part is irrelevant. Why does there have to be proof of an in between species if different species evolved at different paces or the fact that some just die off and others succeed?

Perhaps this will help:

Darwin never claimed, as some of his Victorian contemporaries insisted he had, that “man was descended from the apes,” and modern scientists would view such a statement as a useless simplification—just as they would dismiss any popular notions that a certain extinct species is the “missing link” between man and the apes. There is theoretically, however, a common ancestor that existed millions of years ago. This ancestral species does not constitute a “missing link” along a lineage but rather a node for divergence into separate lineages. This ancient primate has not been identified and may never be known with certainty, because fossil relationships are unclear even within the human lineage, which is more recent.

https://www.britannica.com/science/human-evolution
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 5771 posts

Postby youjustcomplain » May 17th, 2018, 2:07 pm

No, you're not wondering where the proof is. You're pretending to want to know, but it gets explained to you, you ignore it and revert back to your ignorant question. You won't find a half monkey - half man fossil.
The problem I have with this is that you are so disingenuous. You're not looking for enlightenment. Your hope is that people who believe in evolution won't be able to answer your question and in your mind, that proves god.

2 people like this post.
youjustcomplain
Board Meister

Liked in: 389 posts

Postby alanjh595 » May 17th, 2018, 3:00 pm

youjustcomplain wrote:

No, you're not wondering where the proof is. You're pretending to want to know, but it gets explained to you, you ignore it and revert back to your ignorant question. You won't find a half monkey - half man fossil.
The problem I have with this is that you are so disingenuous. You're not looking for enlightenment. Your hope is that people who believe in evolution won't be able to answer your question and in your mind, that proves god.

There is NO PROOF of gawd. Period. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion.

youjustcomplain likes this post.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2213 posts

Postby cutter7 » May 18th, 2018, 5:05 am

Evolutionists seem to have the same faith in their beliefs as creationists.
They cannot prove we evolved from any other species yet they believe.

Creationists have a book that documents things that were written by different people from different places over thousands of years and they believe it.

Whichs makes my sleep deprived mind wonder, would we class evolutionists who believe we evolved from another species and have NO fossil evidence at all a religion?

I mean really, this is 2018, we have dug up most of the planet, we have fossils of dinosaur, pre-historic bugs but not a single half species of any kind? Now that's faith!

2 people like this post.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 165 posts

Postby Fancy » May 18th, 2018, 6:01 am

You should have read my last post. It answered your question.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 5771 posts

Postby 1nick » May 18th, 2018, 6:43 am

Cutter and flem -[fingers in ears yelling la la la I can’t hear you]
You’d think they’d be embarrassed but they’re just too ignorant to know they should be embarrassed.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 666 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » May 18th, 2018, 6:57 am

Cant speak for anyone else. Ive been pretty open minded. Im not saying evolution is fantasy. I am just saying there is a major hole in it. Yall seem to be convinced everything can be explained. I have asked many times on here how life formed from chemicals. We have not got one single answer.

This is the part of evolution i have trouble with. Everything else can be reasoned away with selective breeding. Natural selection. Evolution.

If u so choose to blindly follow everything you are told. I am sure your life has been far easier than mine. I choose to ponder and examine . I like to read. I like to take stuff apart. Its in my nature.

Thank you for all the kind insults in this thread. It truly is refreshing to read the spirituality pages and see the opinions of liberals
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2157 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality