The day I realized there is no god.

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
youjustcomplain
Übergod

Re: The day I realized there is no god.

Post by youjustcomplain »

Hmmm wrote: Sep 17th, 2022, 12:58 pm Regardless of your beliefs I’m simply stating a fact. The Bible does say that God gave all people a conscience. That’s all I’m staying.
Can you cite the actual bible phrase in it's original language, then convert it to English for me? Please do it without adding your interpretation. I would like to see the line where this was written. I've just never seen it before.

I do understand that you're just telling us what the bible says.. Not that you agree or disagree with it. No judgement from me here. I'm just wanting to see the text.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

youjustcomplain wrote: Sep 20th, 2022, 10:10 am
Can you cite the actual bible phrase in it's original language, then convert it to English for me? Please do it without adding your interpretation. I would like to see the line where this was written. I've just never seen it before.

I do understand that you're just telling us what the bible says.. Not that you agree or disagree with it. No judgement from me here. I'm just wanting to see the text.
Romans 2:14,15 In Hebrew

כִּי כַּאֲשֶׁר גּוֹיִים שֶׁאֵין לָהֶם תּוֹרָה מְקַיְּמִים בְּאֹפֶן טִבְעִי אֶת דִּבְרֵי הַתּוֹרָה,‏ תּוֹרָה הֵם לְעַצְמָם אַף־עַל־פִּי שֶׁאֵין לָהֶם תּוֹרָה.‏ 15 הֵם מַרְאִים שֶׁתֹּכֶן הַתּוֹרָה כָּתוּב בְּלִבָּם;‏ מַצְפּוּנָם מֵעִיד יַחַד אִתָּם,‏ וּמַחְשְׁבוֹתֵיהֶם מַאֲשִׁימוֹת אוֹ מְזַכּוֹת אוֹתָם.‏

Because as Gentiles they show that the content of the Torah is written in their hearts; their consciences testify together with them, and their thoughts accuse or justify them.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
The Straken
Board Meister

Post by The Straken »

Not actually sure that says god gave us a conscience, it could be an implied act. i found this, it may help.

This verse concludes an idea begun in the previous verse. Paul wrote that Gentiles, though not given God's law or required to follow it, may end up keeping parts of the law "by nature" just by listening to their own conscience. This is similar to his point from the prior chapter that God makes certain ideas obvious to all people (Romans 1:18–20).
trump is a blight on that once great country.
youjustcomplain
Übergod

Post by youjustcomplain »

Hmmm wrote: Sep 20th, 2022, 11:36 am Because as Gentiles they show that the content of the Torah is written in their hearts; their consciences testify together with them, and their thoughts accuse or justify them.
Thank you Hmmm. :)

When I read that translation, I don't see it stating that god gave us a conscience.
capleton
Board Meister

Post by capleton »

Hmmm wrote: Sep 20th, 2022, 11:36 am
youjustcomplain wrote: Sep 20th, 2022, 10:10 am

Romans 2:14,15 In Hebrew

כִּי כַּאֲשֶׁר גּוֹיִים שֶׁאֵין לָהֶם תּוֹרָה מְקַיְּמִים בְּאֹפֶן טִבְעִי אֶת דִּבְרֵי הַתּוֹרָה,‏ תּוֹרָה הֵם לְעַצְמָם אַף־עַל־פִּי שֶׁאֵין לָהֶם תּוֹרָה.‏ 15 הֵם מַרְאִים שֶׁתֹּכֶן הַתּוֹרָה כָּתוּב בְּלִבָּם;‏ מַצְפּוּנָם מֵעִיד יַחַד אִתָּם,‏ וּמַחְשְׁבוֹתֵיהֶם מַאֲשִׁימוֹת אוֹ מְזַכּוֹת אוֹתָם.‏

Because as Gentiles they show that the content of the Torah is written in their hearts; their consciences testify together with them, and their thoughts accuse or justify them.
The Torah is not written in the Gentiles hearts or we would be killing witches and forcing raped women to marry their rapists and slavery as per its instructions. So this Bible verse is obviously wrong like pretty much everything in it.
Last edited by capleton on Sep 23rd, 2022, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

That's because most people are fools irrespective of religious beliefs or tradition. For the wise, the law is in his heart... https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=ESV
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”